Friday, April 1, 2011

TGIF

Day 44

No comments for today.  Just another day in the world of Optifast shakes.  Hanging in there.

So today was a rough day for me.  It started out bad.  I've been up since 3:00a.m. and I think I am just over-tired.  I felt emotionally lousy all day.  Around 2:30 I perked up and have felt better since. Sometimes it's a just the simple things in life that make it better. 

I have become a fan of Quinoa.  I know, a little hard to do when I'm not eating but that's neither here or there.  Here's a great recipe for a Quinoa Salad:

4 C cooked Quinoa (chilled)
1 can drained black beans
1 can drained garbanzo beans
1/4 C oil/vinegar dressing (I make my own)
1/4 C chopped cilantro
1 C crumbled feta cheese
Juice of 1/2 small lemon
Seasonings: Salt, Garlic Powder
Mix it all together and let it sit for a few hours for the dressing and lemon to absorb into the Quinoa.  Delicious!  (and super easy)

Book club on Sunday.  No, still have not read the book.  Cutting it close for sure! 

Today was payday.  Why is it gone already?  It hasn't even been 24 hours.  Not so easy come.  But easy go.  It's not really fun to get the money but it is fun to see the vacation balance.

I'm going to start making cards again tomorrow.  I have missed my favorite hobby.  When we moved from the house and I lost my craft room, I kind of lost my focus but I have to realize it's not where you do it.  It's just about doing it and enjoying it - no matter what your space.  I have a spare bedroom here at the condo with great light.  It will work just fine.  My first project will be something cupcake related.  Boy, can't get away from food.  Stamped cupcakes not yummy devils food cupcakes! Darn.

And here is today's "60 Challenge"... Since it's my deal, I can cheat.  Today is supposed to be "A picture of a person I would love to trade places with for a day".  I can't do it.  So moving on to the next day...

60 Challenge Day #7
A picture of my most treasured item

No comments:

Post a Comment