Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Helicopters Are Scary!

I so wish it were Friday tomorrow.  I am soooo tired.  And I am trying to make a decision about tomorrow and exercise.  I haven't heard from Elli if we are going to Fat Burning Pilates so if that doesn't come to be, that leaves me needing to decide if I go to Aqua class @ 5:30 or not.  It would be great for me to do - no doubt there.  But the though of putting on a bathing suit is just not working for me.  It is causing me some distress. Probably unlike most people, I don't care what other people think.  My issue is what I think.  And that right there is a huge problem and probably a good reason as to why I have mandatory group with this Optifast diet.  I will report tomorrow night as to what I decided.
I have a friendship issue that has been bothering me.  I have or had a friend and her name is Lisa.  Lisa and I used to be extremely close.  We met at work - my first job out of college.  We were so different yet we clicked.  We were young and had some good times.  If we weren't out, we were home drinking rum and coke or vodka and sunny delight.  I can't even imagine that now!  Especially the vodka and sunny delight.  How disgusting is that?!  I have known Lisa for 25 years.  We are still different.  She is a stay at home mom to 4 kids.  She home-schools them.  I can't imagine any kids, much less home schooling them!  Lisa has never wanted for anything.  I was always the less fortunate one.  Lisa is a size 1.  I am a size (well, never mind).  Pretty much nothing in common in those ways but when we get together, we can talk forever.  We have the best conversations and we have always had a mutual and loving friendship.  And then one day, we just stopped.  And for the last 10 years it has been an effort to get together.  Almost to a point of being uncomfortable.  We have usually ended up doing something with all 4 kids.  We still enjoy seeing each other but it has just been different.  But I have noticed the last few years that Lisa does not call anymore.  I believe the last 10 times we have talked, I have initiated it.  She always tells me how much she misses me and sorry she hasn't called, and "I would love to see you".  But we don't.  And we don't talk about it again until I call again.  I wonder how you know when a friendship has run its term?  Is this it?  Do I never call again?  I don't know.  And I don't know if it's a good idea to try and save it or to close the book.  I am so confused.  I thought maybe I should ask her, but it's been years since I have called and actually had her answer her phone.  She is always doing the child thing.  I don't know...it's just been bothering me.  For a long time, I missed her.  But I don't so much anymore.  Is that my answer?
60 Challenge...

Day 15
"A picture of something I want to do before I die"

I want to ride in a helicopter BECAUSE...I am absolutely terrified of them!  I cannot begin to say how they freak me out.  I have always been scared of them and then one day a few years ago I saw one crash.  It just fell out of the sky at a high rate of speed, hit the ground, and burst into flames.  Ever since then I have dreams (nightmares actually) of seeing planes and helicopters crash.  I can get on a plane but the thought of riding in a helicopter makes my chest hurt.  I want to overcome my fear and just do it.  So one day, I will conquer my fear! ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment