Sunday, May 1, 2011

Roxie to the Rescue

Sunday night...Dead Bin Laden just kicked William & Kate off of the top spot in the news.  Long time coming.
Back to work tomorrow.  I"m thinking it was just Friday.  My friend, Jeanette, will be coming home from Maui tomorrow night.  She's bringing me Kona coffee!  Seems to taste better when it comes directly from Hawaii.  It's a mental thing.
Food craving today...oatmeal.  Who knows why.
Luigi has been in horrible pain since Friday.  Muscle spasm, pinched nerve kind of thing.  I have plenty of narcotics...Vicadin, Tylenol 3, Darvocet, Oxycodone.  I guess any of those would work but I found something MUCH better for him...Roxie's muscle relaxants! They work like a charm.  Knocks him out and helps with the pain.  So is it illegal to be peddling my pup's drugs?  Thanks Rox!
Have I ever mentioned what a pain in the ass my sister is?  I think so.  Let me share again.  I talked to her this morning and she spent the whole time trying to convince me to get lap band surgery because "fat" is in our genes and unless I do that, I will always be fat.  Really?  She is convinced that as soon as I get off the Optifast that I will gain every pound back.  I sure intend to prove her wrong.  If I wanted to do the lap band, it would have been done already.  Really!  She doesn't understand that I really want to try and do this without surgery.
On Friday I was reminded of how lucky I truly am.  I was on my way to the dermatologist.  Running late.  And annoyed that I have skin that is at such risk in the sun.  I was mumbling under my breath "why do I have to deal with this crap".  So I rushed to the elevator.  Can't take the stairs of course because my darn ankle hurts to do stairs.  So the elevator doors opened and at that same time, a woman was coming around the corner with a walker.  Verrrryyyy slow. I took one look at her and realized that my stupid skin problems and every other ailment I might suffer from is nothing compared to her.  She was in obvious pain.  She grimaced when she walked.  I held the door for her and let her go into the elevator first.  At first glance she appeared to be very old.  But as I looked at her, I realized that chances are, she was younger than I am.  She had a bandana on her head and I could see at the bottom that she had no hair.  She was obviously stricken with cancer.  The pain I saw on her face brought tears to my eyes.  When we got to the 2nd floor I held the door open for her and she thanked me.  I watched her shuffle along down the hall.  I just stood there for a moment realizing how fortunate so many of us really are.  It set the tone for my day.  I wasn't sad but was mindful and quiet.  Bless her heart.
I cooked again today.  Wish I could eat too!  It's nice to cook every now and again.  I miss it.  I also miss baking.  Baking is off limits though.  Not sure I could get through the process without "sampling"! ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment