Monday, February 28, 2011

Untouchable Snow

Day 13

Almost 2 weeks already.  Time flies when you're having fun.  For some people that is.  This is NOT fun.  I am really hoping that someday when there comes that day that I don't want to go to for my walk or go to the gym because I am tired I will remember back to these 20 weeks and remember what a damn, miserable struggle it was for me.  I realize some people sign up for this another 20 weeks because it was SO easy.  As of right now, I never want to repeat these 20 weeks.  Maybe I will change my mind later but I don't think so.  With all that said, I am doing pretty darn good.  Haven't cheated even one time.  It's just not worth it to me.  Too much pain and too much $.  Was reminded this weekend that I really do only have 1 chin.  I don't think we were meant to have 2.  My second one has been given it's walking papers and is quickly exiting stage left.  I think a full face can be attractive but the only double that should be going on there are the eyes.  Tomorrow is weigh-in again.  I'm pretty sure I haven't gained anything!

Yesterday I had book club but wasn't up to being around the food and drink so I bowed out until next time.  The book we read was "The Falls" by Joyce Carol Oates.  I do not recommend it.  Found out late last night that everyone in the book club hated it too so unless you wish to be tortured by 500+ pages of reading, don't read it. 
Went ISO snow yesterday.  I told Roxie that every little white dog needed to see snow at least once in a lifetime.  Packed her jacket and her cookies and off we went.  Decided to go to Palomar Mountain.  I didn't want to go to the top but at least far enough to touch snow.  As we drove up through Valley Center and Pauma we saw a lot of cars and trucks heading down with snow piled on top and a lot of truck beds.  Very exciting for being a San Diegan.  We have lots of sun and sand but snow is not in the mix.  As we approached the base of the mountain, we were again reminded of what it is like to be living in California.  This is one of those "Only in California" moments.  There were orange cones, a firetruck (a staple in every road block), sheriff vehicles, ranger vehicles, and lots of  people in neon yellow vests.  Most of these things I have named would normally be seen at the sight of a serious auto accident.  But not in San Diego County!  An emergency?  Not at all.  It took all of those vehicles and people to tell us that we were not allowed to see the snow as there were too many people already there.  Only in California!  So I say to the Ranger..."Isn't there anywhere we can see snow?"  And Mr. Smarty Pants Know-It-All Ranger Rick in his haughty little tone says "Not around here unless you get here at the crack of dawn".  And then he glared... Whatever.  So I had to apologize to Roxie and tell her that not every little white dog is privy to San Diego snow because some of them don't have moms who get up at 4 in the morning.  I think that is where I heard her mutter under her breath "My parents are such losers".
So the highlight of the day was passing a pasture of Llamas.  There's a first for everything.  We saw 2 Llamas humping.  That's about the best news I have.  And this was as close to snow as we got...

No comments:

Post a Comment