Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Tuesday News

Day 7

I did it!  I made it a week and went to weigh-in without cheating one time.  I'm proud of myself.  I was a little pissed off tonight in group though because the leader asked how everyone's week was and everyone nodded his or her head as if it were the easiest thing ever.  No one complained of hunger or anything of the kind.  I was sitting there thinking I must be the biggest whiner EVER.  I could have just sat there and pretended my week was peachy but I didn't.  I raised my hand and said it was awful.  Some moments were ok but dammit I was hungry, angry, sad, and a crybaby.  I was glad I shared that because I was given a lot of encouragement and some ideas.  They said it was ok to have an extra shake a day.  Also, I was encouraged to have the additional/optional chicken soup.  I didn't have $22.00 to buy a box of soup but I may try it next week.  But I did make a new friend in class who asked if I bought the soup and I said no and she gave me a packet to try.  So that I will do.  All that being said...I lost an incredible amount of weight for 1 week.  I know I won't lose like this every week but it was a good motivator for week 1.

WEIGHT LOSS: 15.4 pounds

Long day and it's still not over.  Waiting for Cassie to be picked up by mom and dad.  She comes for dog-sitting the last Tuesday night of every month.  She, Zoe, and Luigi are sound asleep in bed.  Roxie and I are hanging out together eating cookies.  Dog cookies for Rox.  Had to make that clear!
I've had a swollen and painful ankle for 11 days now.  I really do need to see the doctor.  I keep saying that.  I wrapped it today which helped.  I committed in group tonight to walk around Discovery Lake 2x before next week's group.  I'm not going to bail on the commitment so this ankle needs to get better.
Doris was moved to a private hospice home in La Mesa today.  It was too much for Judy to handle obviously if she's dropping Doris on the floor so it was a good move.  She was not coherent today.  I can't imagine it will be much longer.
Have a ton of stuff on DVR to watch.  And a book to finish for book club on Sunday.  So much to do and work gets in the way on a daily basis.  How irritating! Signing off...♥

No comments:

Post a Comment