Thursday, February 10, 2011

Cruising and Fasting




 




I know - I promised a cruise re-cap and while I usually deliver on my promises, it often takes me a long time to get there.
The cruise to Cabo was actually more fun than I anticipated it would be.  Mom and I got along quite well.  Some of my biggest fears just didn't come to fruition.  Dad on the other hand...he really surprised me. The older he gets the more paranoid he becomes.  I found out that he actually sleeps in bed with a flashlight.  When he hears a noise he snaps on the light to catch the thief!  It's quite strange actually.  And then the other thing he does is say that lights keep coming on in the cabin while he is sleeping.  I hate to break this to him but the lights that are coming on are from his flashlight!  He was also convinced that someone would climb onto the balcony and enter the cabin.  Ok, let me shake the hand of the person who wants to play with death and scale along the balconies with the dark, ice cold pacific ocean lurking down below.  Really?!  Whatever.  We all survived the trip, felt safe in Mexico, and gained a few pounds.  Oh, and mom finally stopped calling the Carnival Dancers "Nudie Girls".  We've moved on since then.  Of course I had to open up my big mouth and tell her it's a good thing she has never been to a Vegas show because those girls really don't have anything on top.  She was horrified by that fact and even more horrified figuring out that I know that because I have seen it myself.  Sorry!  Mom claims she doesn't know where she went wrong with raising me.  I guess she expects perfection.  Believe me, I was and am VERY mild compared to many people.  I've never done drugs and I've never been arrested.  I think I'm angelic!  I will never forget the time when she found out that I shared a pitcher of margaritas one afternoon with a friend.  She was absolutely devastated that I had gone to the dark side (at the young age of 21).  And she spent the whole next year worrying that by doing that I had triggered alcoholism.  Drama!
5 more days to Optifast.  Beginning Wednesday morning, food will not be in my life for 20 weeks.  Wow - I still find it hard to believe.  I will be drinking 5 shakes a day.  The shakes contain EVERYTHING a body needs to function.  Actually to highly function.  I can chew gum as long as it is not sweetened with anything ending in a "tol".  Sorbitol, etc.  The white coats claim that "tol" in connection with the shakes will cause some horrible diarrhea.  No thanks.  Not even an issue.  May the "tol" be consumed by someone other than myself.  I will be posting every day on this Blog with regard to my life on a "fast".  I am supposed to journal as part of my journey so some of it will be done on here.  I can't miss a shake so I figure I also can't miss a Blog entry.  Call me on it if I fail!
Signing off with some more Cabo pics.  I also posted some on FB.  I have more from mom's camera and I will download those over the weekend.  No pics of me...these were taken from my camera and I don't often take pics of myself...

No comments:

Post a Comment