Sunday, February 13, 2011

Who Does That?

I finally did it.  It took me almost 7 months but today was the day.  The deed is done.  I'm sure all will read this holding their breath waiting...for the bomb to drop.  Ready?  What I did today will forever change the course of how I do a certain thing in my life.  And that thing?  Why laundry of course.  I LOCKED MY KITTEN IN THE DRYER.  What kind of mom am I?  Who does that?  It's been an ongoing issue in this house.  I do laundry, she jumps in the dryer.  I ALWAYS check and double check before I close and turn on the dryer.  Luckily and thankfully I did not turn on the dryer this time.  But I pulled out some things that needed to be hung up.  Hung those items up and went back to the dryer to pull out items that just needed to be folded.  At that moment I had a whoosh of laziness and said "forget it - I will fold them later".  Slammed the door shut, closed the closet door, turned off the light, and went on with my evening.  I was sitting on the couch watching a movie a while ago and realized my ever-faithful kitten was not close by.  She is always close by - in fact we are kind of stuck like glue.  I did a once-over the living room.  Roxie was in one corner of the room napping.  Cassie (I was dog sitting) was in a chair napping.  But where was Zoe?  I asked Roxie "have you seen your sister"?  Now I get why the look of sheer pleasure and laughter in her eyes!  I started calling for Zoe and nothing.  I finally got up and decided it was time to go on a kitten hunt.  At that same time I heard this horrible banging.  My first thought was "damn neighbors - can't they just shut up and be quiet for even one night?"  I couldn't figure out what the noise of the day upstairs could possibly be.  I walked toward my bedroom and that's when it hit me.  Someone was knocking on something in my closet.  As I opened the closet door, I just knew what it was.  Zoe was banging on the door asking to be let out of the dark, hot dryer.  Back to my question...who does that?!  I opened up the dryer and she practically fell out of it and then looked up and gave me the meanest look that a kitten could muster up!  I felt terrible.  Apologizing, kissing, begging...she was having none of that.  But in about 30 minutes my little friend jumped up on the couch next to me and plopped down and gave me a little sigh and a real big purrrrr.  She's fine.  I'm not.  Note to self...ALWAYS check the dryer, no matter what!
Heard a really interesting guy talk at church yesterday.  It wasn't a sermon but more like a story like thing.  He was a Navy frogman.  Had everything going for him until one day he decided to help his friend sell a little bit green leafy stuff to other friends on the Island of Hawaii.  Next thing he knows he is in Columbia picking up cocaine.  Long story short, he was in a car in Florida with 32 million dollars worth of cocaine in his car and he got busted.  He just happened to be one of John DeLorean's co-defendants in his big drug case.  He could have gotten 50 to life but pled guilty and got 5.  Out in 3.  He did amazing things in prison - became chief engineer of the fire department within his federal prison.  He met many people while fighting fires in the Mojave Desert.  Became friends with some CHP.  Got out of prison and they recommended him to work for the Diving University in Los Angeles.  He just kept going and soon became the chief diver for Jacques Cousteau.  How incredible is that?  He had live footage of looking down the mouths of great whites.  Awesome.  He showed footage of going along the white barrier reef in Fiji.  I was so fixated on all the beauty at the bottom of the sea.  I just loved it.  By the way, I do have a customary thing that I do when I travel.  Any new city that I travel to I visit their aquarium (If they have one).  I am hooked on aquariums.  Now I want to dive in Fiji...I hope I can do that some day!  Anyway, he left the Cousteau Society after turning down an offer to be the CEO.  He also turned down National Geographic to head their great white shark expedition.  He is a lay minister and speaker in schools and is also a missionary in Fiji.  And he loves it.  He is starting a new program to take kids who are physically challenged (as in never walked before) and teach them how to dive in Fiji.  And John Cousteau has volunteered to head the operation for him.  Incredible story.  Just had to share that...
Valentine's Day tomorrow...I think someone is buying me a Pandora Bracelet.  Not!  A private joke which couldn't possibly be funny to anyone but me.  Sorry!
2 more days...Optifast is creeping up on me! ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment