Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Day 1

Day 1

I thought I was different.  I was going to be THE one who was able to fly through the first day without a bit of trouble.  I wasn't going to be hungry.  I was going to love the shakes.  I was going to be the Optifast Wonder Woman.  That worked out just fine until about 11:00am.  That's when I started smelling lunches cooking in the kitchen, my co-worker eating something crunchy at her desk, and my stomach growling something fierce.  Felt like crap actually.  Getting irritable.  Feeling very pissed off.  Angry.  Resentful.  Hateful (towards myself).  So I rode it out until 1:00 when it was "lunchtime".  Thought I would make a delicious concoction of a vanilla shake with a diet dr pepper.  Shook it up...it exploded and smelled horrendous.  I drank what was left.  Awful.  Don't try it.  Needless to say I had a bad afternoon.  Drank my chocolate 4:00 delight.  Now I am at home about to consume my last meal of the day.  Vanilla with sugar-free Torani Raspberry.  I burst into tears the minute I got home.  It's comforting to come home and eat.  Overall, a rough day.  I didn't cheat but I also didn't die!  Tomorrow is a new day.  They say this gets better...please let that be true.

Not much going on in the life of Jules today.  I think the Optifast consumed me.  However, I got a nice phone call earlier in the day.  That made me smile!  Work was work.  Busy.  Looking forward to Idol tonight.  Never thought I would love Steven Tyler and JLo.  They are so much better than I thought they would be.  Both Roxie and Zoe were waiting for me at the front door when I walked in.  Love that! ♥

2 comments:

  1. Yay for a no cheat first day Julie!!!! You can do it! Tomorrow your stomach WILL be smaller, you WILL feel less hungry and slowly (ok maybe not tomorrow) you will stop thinking about food altogether. I personally do protein shake diets to lose my baby weight after both sons. The secret for me is a lack of formality. Being busy during "eat time" and using the shake the same way you would use any other beverage. The hunger dissipates and is forgotten and you are still busy doing/enjoying what ever. Day 2 in just a few hours, will be even easier to concur! YOU CAN DO IT! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie,
    I'm so proud of you for taking this step. The first day was big with high expectations. That shows of a positive attitude. Tomorrow is a new day, only now you have learned a bit about your new "food". It will only get better from here :) You know I do the slim fast shakes, once I found the "one" I like, its just routine to drink my meal. I agree with Ashley on staying busy at meal time and enjoy your shake like any other drink. You're strong, you can do it friend :)

    ReplyDelete