Thursday, February 24, 2011

Broth and Such

Day 9

Every night when I go to bed I say a prayer of thanks that I made it another day.  I have to admit that it is slowly but surely getting easier.  I still have the hunger pains more often than not but I am able to cope with it better.  Drank more water today.  Got a little bit of exercise in.  I'm hanging in there.  I can do this for 141 more days, right?  I found I do like the chicken soup.  Soup is not really the correct term but that's what it's called.  It's more like a weird tasting broth.  But it actually fills me up and makes me happy.  I had it tonight with hot sauce and lemon.  I had to go all the way to San Diego tonight to buy the darn box of "soup" so I had better like it.

The week is almost over.  Long day at work and then a trip to San Diego.  I'm not as young as I used to be.  I was in San Diego and could have gone to visit Doris tonight but I chose not to.  I already said my good bye.  Unbelievably she is still alive.  No food for over a week and no water since Tuesday.  I'm not sure how long one can go without it (water) but I think the average is about 3 days.  Judy had a priest go to the hospice home yesterday and give her the last rites.  I'm not sure Doris would have liked that all that much.  I'm not even sure she was/is Catholic.  Oh well - I think it was to make Judy feel better and at peace because I don't think Doris was affected one way or the other.  She drank quite a bit over the years.  They say alcohol kills.  Is that really true? I do know that every time I have a dumb moment or do a stupid thing that I do tend to blame it on her drinking.  Back in the 60s I could have possibly had fetal alcohol syndrome and who would know?!  Well, it's a good thing to blame all my bad traits on!  But on a serious note I really hope that I never end up like that.  Zero quality of life.  Who really wants people to sit there and watch them die?  It's a sad world we live in for sure.
I had a very nice afternoon break at work today.  I like the afternoons when I can take a break and relax and be happy.  2:30 comes along and I'm ready for the relief.  It's the little things in life that make me the most happy.
I just heard some terrible noises coming out of my kitchen.  Hmmm - I wonder what caused that?  I'm the only human awake in the house and all the lights are off.  Now what could it be?  Definitely not a 7 month old kitten who has taken over this whole house like a vengeance.  The older she gets, the naughtier!  Hey, now THAT is something to think about! ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment