Monday, January 17, 2011

Wear Your Seatbelt

I love a Sunday followed by a no-work Monday.  Work has been especially difficult lately so I am so thankful for an extra day off.
So last night I was in an itty bitty car accident.  It really was no big deal but I think I got whiplash.  I learned a painful lesson....THEY MAKE SEAT BELTS FOR A REASON!  My dad was driving.  He was a very careful driver but in the last couple of years, his perception is bad.  Also he is too quick to react and there have been several times that I have not felt safe.  I worry the most because Roxie is in the car with them quite a bit.  And yesterday was a prime example of why I worry about Roxie.  He was pulling out of my driveway.  Mom was in the passenger seat.  Luigi, Roxie, and I were in the back seat.  I don't remember where Cassie was.  He gunned the car when we pulled out.  Unfortunately, there was a guy speeding up the hill going way too fast.  The guy slammed on his brakes.  Stopped right at our car.  At the same time, Dad slammed on his brakes too.  That's what caused the biggest problem for me and for Roxie.  I was not wearing a seat belt and my head jerked forward really quick.  Also I saw Roxie's little head going straight for the back of the front seat.  Right before she hit it, Luigi grabbed her harness and saved her.  We stopped hard enough that I think she would have possibly broken her neck if she had hit the seat.  This all happened very fast.  Dad panics and throws the car in reverse and guns it again and CRASH...plows into the car behind us.  At this point he says "SHIT".  And then my sweet mother yells at him for hitting the car behind us.  So we pull over and the other car pulls over.  She had a kid in the car but she was ok.  The most amazing thing were the bumpers on these cars. We were in a Subaru and she was in a Nissan.  True to what the commercials say - they buckled and then went back into place.  Amazing!  There was such little damage that they didn't even need to exchange information.  Then we got back in the car and mom yelled at him again!  He told her to shut up.  She did.  Not a fun evening.  We were all fine but I woke up with a shooting pain going down the right side of my neck into my upper back.  Time to visit my friendly chiropractor.  I am just thankful that my Roxie is ok.  Now I am really scared to ride with him.  I think I need to drive every time we go somewhere in his car.
6 days until the cruise with the parents.  I'm trying not to stress about it.  One good thing...Hugh won't be driving! ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment