Monday, March 28, 2011

Pics and other stuff

Day 40

Who knew?!  So I have made it 40 days.  Isn't it in the bible that Jesus fasted for 40 days and 40 nights?  Well - I'm about to pass Him up!  Is that bad - am I allowed to say that?  Actually, to His credit, I don't think he was afforded the luxury of the Optifast 70 Shake or the Optifast Chicken Soup!  And luxury it is.  Not.  Today I had a vanilla shake and about 2/3rd of the way through I started to gag.  All I kept thinking was "do NOT throw this up because the smell will NOT go away"!  Nothing smells worse than the vanilla shake packet once you open it.  Watch out - it is toxic!  By the way, the gagging stopped and the shake went down the throat.
I didn't exercise today.  I hate it when I am not motivated.  Saturday I talked about strength and today I feel nothing but weakness.  I guess both of them are allowed.  Some days I just get so frustrated because I want food and I obsess over it.  Then I have to pull my coping techniques out of my food-thinking coma and snap out of it.  I'm not off food forever.  Food will always be there for me.  I just need to not always be there for food.  I keep craving turkey sandwiches.  I so hate turkey sandwiches.  Freak!

First off, I must make a correction.  On Saturday I mentioned my highly over-priced iced tea from Teavana.  $4.47.  Not true.  That was a typo.  The actual retail price without going over was $5.47!  And don't forget to have your pet spayed or neutered.  Oops - got off track there.  Thought I was a contestant on the Price is Right.  See what happens when you fast?!
Just found out I have Book Club on Sunday.  Yet again...right down to the wire and have not read the book.  I don't even have the darn book.  I tried to get it from the library but being it's a new book, they don't have many copies and all copies have holds on them.  So I bid on one on ebay.  I do not want to own a hard cover book but I do now.  As soon as it arrives, I plan to read it (quickly by the way) and then turn around and put it back on ebay.
My friend, Marianne, took a walk with her Dad today by their home in Greendale WI.  She sent me some pictures which I think are so cool.  You can tell they are still having Winter weather there while here we are anticipating 80 degrees later this week.  Marianne's favorite are the ducks in flight. Very cool.














And before I sign off, here is my 60 Challenge...



60 Challenge Day #4
"A picture of my night"
 ♥ jules

No comments:

Post a Comment