Sunday, March 13, 2011

Garage too Small or Car too Big?

Day 26

I'm still fasting!  Yay for me!  I made it through another weekend.  This really is getting easier.  Not saying it's easy but easier.  I make little goals for myself and am really thrilled when I reach them.  I gave up on the idea of never using my scale at home.  I don't use it every day but I do use it.  My scale seems to be about 4 pounds less than Kaiser's scale.  Not nice.  However, I hit a goal today on my scale that I have been aiming for.  I was so proud and had no one to tell.  So I told the dog.  She was ecstatic.  Sure.  I have amp'd up my exercise which is actually giving me more energy.  I have been to the gym and am also doing more walking and throwing little stints of jogging in there.  I used to run, believe it or not.  In my younger years I would run about 6 days a week.  I loved it.  No more running for me...slow jogging will have to do.  2 more days until group and weigh-in.  This week flew by.  Very happy today that I made the decision to do this and am sticking to it.

My 3 day weekend is over.  Back to work tomorrow.  The one thing I like about work is that it's often quite comical.  Just watching attorneys in action is entertaining.  They create a lot of drama and it's downright funny!
I was off on bereavement leave Friday.  I think that was a good choice because I was absolutely exhausted.  I slept a good part of the day.  Everyone has been so nice with regard to Doris passing away.  I appreciate that people understand that while she was not "mom" it still affected me.  More so than I thought it would.  I was talking to my sister tonight about a hospice bear.  At Sharp Hospice there is someone who makes stuffed teddy bears out of the material from a favorite article of clothing that the deceased person owned.  They are kind of pricey but I'm sure the $ is for a good cause.  My sister told me tonight that she is having the bear made out of a night shirt that I had given Doris many years ago.  It was a cotton nightshirt that had angels on it.  Doris collected angels.  I had forgotten I had given that to her.  She was hard to buy for but I do remember now shopping at Nordstrom and seeing this angel nightshirt.  What I didn't know is that it was one of Doris' favorite things.  So that will be the material for the bear.  That makes me smile!
Love my new car but with the price of gas, I don't drive it very much.  I tried to clear the garage out so I can park the car in there.  I worked so hard and my back is killing me tonight.  I got done and was so proud.  Drove the car in there and voila...I couldn't get out of the car!  It was so tight that I couldn't even crack a door open.  I was SO bummed after all that work.  Funny thing was that Roxie was in my bedroom watching out the window the whole time I was in the garage.  I would often walk out of the garage and look around the corner to wave at her.  So when I was ready to introduce the car to the garage I waved at Roxie and told her..."Mama is putting our new car in the garage - watch me!"  Next thing Roxie watched me do is pull the car back into the parking spot.  I swear she was laughing hysterically.  I distinctly heard her say "Loser Mama"! ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment