Monday, March 21, 2011

Just Another Manic Monday

Day 34

It might only be Day 34 but it feels like day 340!  I wish these shakes would start tasting better!  I was talking to my therapist today and she reminded me of what a big deal this is and how strong I have been.  And I am starting to apply mind over matter more and more.  I had a thought cross my mind this morning..."I can't do this - I want to quit".  But then I told myself that I needed to get through another hour, drink my next shake, and reassess the situation.  Sure enough after that hour, I no longer wanted to quit.  I'm not weak, I just had a weak thought and those are easy enough to overcome.  Tomorrow is weigh-in again and then I start Week #6.  Almost 1/3 of the way there!

Wow do I hate Mondays.  They tend to be long and dramatic.  I left work early to go see my therapist.  It sure is nice to get home by 4:15 in the afternoon.  This evening, however, was completely draining.  We went to see a couple of family members who are in a drug rehab hospital.  What a journey they have ahead of them.  I can't imagine being in that situation.  My weight loss journey is hard enough - I can't imagine being chemically dependant.  I want them to succeed and to get their lives back.  I need to make it a very serious matter of prayer.

Got home tonight from San Diego and another dumbass parked in my reserved spot.  I can't begin to count how many times I have lost my parking spot.  It really gets my blood boiling.  I always leave a note on the person's car.  I have yet to see a repeat offender.  Second time...they get towed.  But I haven't gotten to do that yet.  But when I do - by golly I think I will like it!

Another thing I came home to today is this little innocent feline...

Did this naughty little thing...
And THAT, my friends, was my day! ♥

60 Challenge Day #2 - A picture of you and the person you have been close with the longest.
Rhonda and Julie @ Starbucks - Summer 2010
We have been friends for 30 years!


No comments:

Post a Comment