Saturday, March 5, 2011

Me 'n my Honda

Day 18

Very ugly Optifast day.  I want some real food tonight.  It's almost overwhelming to me.  I am craving salad!  Funny that it's harder today because this week overall was a little bit easier.  And I really like that my clothes are already fitting better.  Definite motivator.  The best thing to do on days like this is to suck it up and hope that bedtime gets here real soon!  Meanwhile...I will keep on keeping on.

Today seemed like a very, very long day.  First off, I didn't get much sleep last night.  The guys upstairs had a party which started at 9:30.  By 11:30 it had gotten so loud that the windows were vibrating.  However, I was not going to call the police this time.  I should have but I didn't.  By 2:30 this morning the noise had moved down the hall on top of the bedroom.  When it wakes Luigi up you know it's LOUD because he usually sleeps through the chaos.  All of a sudden one of the guys was screaming at the top of his lungs - he was out of control.  F this.  F that.  Get the F out.  Leave me the F alone. On and on and on.  Luigi got dressed and went upstairs and knocked on their door.  This caused a lot of girls to exit quickly.  Luigi said the living room was still full of people.  He told the guy who answered the door to get Dana (home owner) but Dana never came to the door.  Then it was time to call the sheriff.  The sheriff came and I guess because of the level of noise coming out of the house he decided to wait until his partner got here.  In the end it was 4 sheriffs and 1 arrest.  Funny how the click of those handcuffs can calm a person down.  The yelling stopped.  I'm not sure what was going on up there.  They took the one guy away to jail.  The rest of them stayed up all night (cleaning, perhaps?) but at least the yelling and music stopped.  Next step is to file a complaint with the homeowner's association and management company.  I have been tolerant and patient long enough.  Last night they stepped over the line and I am pissed off!

One year ago today I lost my gentle soul...my kitty, Emily.  Hardly a day goes by that I don't cry.  I miss that girl so much.  We spent almost 17 years together.  She was the kindest and most gentle cat and  I loved her so very much.  Here's my precious kitty girl...

Emily Dumbeck-Guadagni
April 23, 1993 - March 5, 2010

And amidst sadness there is always something good.  I have a brand new car!  I am so excited to finally have my own car again.  I have really appreciated everyone who has helped me out over the past couple of years.  It's been a real blessing to me.  But now I'm on my own!  And if anyone ever needs a ride...I will be there!  I got an incredible deal at Pacific Honda in San Diego.  I never in my life thought I would own a Honda.  I know they are good cars but I have never had interest in owning one.  However, I believe that God led me to get a Honda.  And at 0.9% financing, who am I to argue?!  Happy trails to me...♥

Me and my Honda Civic
03/05/11

No comments:

Post a Comment