Saturday, March 26, 2011

On spending money (that I don't have)

Day 38

In the middle of Week 6.  Hanging in there.  I managed to watch everyone at church tonight eat spaghetti with alfredo sauce, casear salad, and bread.  And of course brownies and cc cookies.  Oh, did I mention the hot chocolate with whipped cream?  Geez.  I feel as if I am making progress though because while it looked good, I was not tempted and it only made me feel stronger.  I like it when I feel strength.  Strength is not one of the qualities that I grew up experiencing so when I feel it at age 46, it makes me happy.

Today was a day of over-spending.  And I'm not very proud of it.  I went to the Apple store in the mall.  First off, that place overwhelms me.  There are too many customers and there are too many employees wearing blue shirts.  Freaks me out!  I ended up there because I have been looking for a docking station for my ipod.  I seem to have lost mine.  I have been unable to charge it and therefore, no music.  Not happy.  So I went the practical route...Target and Wal Mart.  They no longer sell what I need.  I guess that would be because my ipod shuffle is now an antique.  Everything is bigger and better.  Or so they say.  I am perfectly happy with my ipod.  It was a gift and I absolutely love it.  So I thought since I can't find a docking station I had better go to the Apple store.  $31.54 later I now own a new one.  But the price kind of gave me a stomach ache.  I HATED spending that much money, esp on something that I am replacing due to my own carelessness.  On the way home I all of a sudden thought "ebay".  Now why I didn't look there in the first place, I have no idea.  Needless to say, the over-priced docking station is going back to the Apple store tomorrow.  I found the exact same thing on ebay for $3.59, brand new, free shipping.  Why didn't I try that in the first place?!
Here's my second frivolous purchase.  I really like tea and there is a store in the mall called Teavana.  I have never been to Teavana and was excited to see what they have.  First off, I found a darling cast iron teapot that I knew I must have.  $139.00.  Never mind.  I sampled some teas and found them delicious so I decided to step up to the counter and order myself an iced tea.  When you are on Optifast, unsweetened tea is one of the things you can have.  And when you can have something other than a shake or water, you go for it.  So I was asked if I would like to order one of their specialty hot or iced teas.  I said I would like an iced tea.  She asked what I would like and I told her I had no idea but could she recommend something.  Mind you, they have 99 different teas.  She pulled these bins off the wall and had me smell the sour cherry something or another and some sort of hibiscus something or another.  She assured me it would be delicious.  I ordered it and sure enough, it was delicious.  Here is a pic of my platinum iced tea...

All $4.47 worth!  What?  I paid HOW much for some tainted water?!  After all this extravagance, the $9.00 bottle of OPI for Sephora nail polish in "Nonfat Soy Half Caff" (LOVE the name!) was way out of the question.  Maybe I can  have it the next time I go on some kind of silly shopping spree!

So I came home and savored every drop of my platinum tea.  Took some pictures of myself (don't ask).  Just the way I roll these days.  Oh, also bought Roxie a rawhide bone which the cat has taken over.  Figures.  As my friend Tigger says...ta ta for now! ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment