Saturday, May 28, 2011

"Stuff"

Here's the problem with going to bed @ 7:30pm...you are up @ 3:00am!  Here I am, wide awake.  But what can one expect when they go to bed while the sun is still up?
Yesterday was the first day of my mini vacation.  My Vegas trip just didn't work out.  So I am home.  I think that is now called a "Staycation"?  Whatever.  Roxie got groomed yesterday which was the most important item on my agenda.  She was one woolly, stinky girl!  Now she practically has no hair and smells like the Bath and Body Works store.  $40.00 well spent.  I asked for a shorter cut but she came home buzzed.  She is super cute though.  Picture?  Well of course I have a picture!  I took it while driving down the freeway.  Ok, that was TMI.

You can probably tell by the picture that she has a big tumor on her chest.  I hate it that she is getting older.  She has 3 of them and we have had one of the biopsied at the vet.  They are benign fatty tumors so I am not going to put her through the stress and pain of having them removed unless I can tell they are bothering her.  She is such a good girl and I feel so fortunate to have her in my life.
My parents go to the gym every day.  They belong to a group called "Silver Sneakers".  It's a nation-wide program for older people who want to stay in shape and get good exercise.  They go to the gym about 4 times a week for 1 or 2 classes.  Since I was off work yesterday I told them I would go to their gym to meet their friends and see what they do at their classes.  I also said I would join them for a class.  First off, I arrived and they were all sitting around eating.  It was their last Friday of the month "social".  First time I had ever walked into a gym and saw a table of food.  Nice!  After their social they were going to do a class.  My dad said he would go get me a chair and the equipment I would need.  A chair?  I asked what the chair was for and was told that most of the class is done sitting down.  Can you say "piece of cake"?!  I was thinking I was all that and this was going to the be easiest hour of my life.  Fast forward to now...  I can't begin to tell you how sore I am!  That class kicked my butt!  I definitely had to eat my words on that one.  What a great work out.  I wish I could quit work so I can go hang out with the old folks.  What a great program!  You just never know until you try something for yourself.  I have a new-found appreciation of "Silver Sneakers" for sure.
Mom called yesterday and wanted to discuss what I would like from Verna's house...items that belonged to my grandmother that my grandfather kept when he sold their house and married Verna and moved into her house.  She said she wants me to be sure and have whatever I want.  That's nice and all but I tried to tell her in the nicest way as possible that I really don't want anything.  I already have my grandma's china and I have some pictures and a lot of memories.  I don't need "stuff".  But Mom likes "stuff" and thinks I should too.  I finally agreed to take a couple of things although I can change my mind once I see it.  We are going to the house in San Diego on Monday to pick up our inheritance "stuff".  I hate this.  [[[[pl[plhuafsd (that was compliments of Zoe walking across the keyboard just now!).

No comments:

Post a Comment