Friday, May 13, 2011

How much do YOU weigh?!

So thankful for Friday night.  Weekends are never long enough but I do appreciate what I get. 
I retired another pair of jeans today.  Love that.  Although I really did love the jeans and I will miss them.
Went to visit Grandma Verna in the hospital on Wednesday.  She is 90 and extremely frail. She tripped and fell over a berm and broke her sternum.  So she has been in the hospital for pain control and complete weakness.  One thing that has not been affected is her sharp mind.  And that is where I somewhat shudder at times.  Ever heard of a wolf in sheep's clothing?  Oh yeah.  She has always been quite vain and a bit obsessed with me being overweight.  We are sitting in the hospital room and thanks to my mother...she just had to blurt out to Verna that I have lost 60 pounds.  Ah geez.  I could see Verna's wheels turning.  "How much do you want to lose?"  "What weight do you want to be at?"  "Now how much have you lost?"  All of that translates to me telling her exactly what weight I was at when I first started this thing.  I gave her a half-ass answer.  I was NOT happy with the interrogation.  It's just rude.  I have never been asked those questions by anyone.  I have told exactly one person how much I weighed when I started on Optifast.  That's the extent of my comfort zone!  I don't mind people in my group knowing how much but that is different.  We talk about a lot of stuff that would not be discussed out of the group.  But friends and esp. family just need to chill.  Maybe when I am all done I will tell all!  But until I am ready...it's not going to happen!
I am Vegas bound on Memorial Weekend!  Long time since I have been there.  I'm excited in some ways but a bit apprehensive about it too.  I'm going with my friend Jeanette who is meeting 2 of her friends there (whom I have never met).  That's not what I am apprehensive about.  I am ok with meeting new people.  What is bothering me is the whole big picture that goes hand in hand with Vegas.  Food...drink...food...food... And they are already talking about where they will be dining.  Oh man I need to pray for strength on this one!  I know the easy way out is to just not go.  But I really do want to go and have some fun.  We plan to do the pool by day and the strip by night.  Of course, there again - my skin can't do too much "poolside" so yet another issue!  However, I have plans to work on Luigi's 50th birthday party while I am there.  I need to book the restaurant and I need to stop at my favorite bakery and get a quote ("Freeds" on Eastern which is east of the Strip - yummy!).  Also need to find a party store close to where we will be staying that weekend.  That stuff will be fun and will keep my out of the sun.  Kind of.
Tomorrow night is date night.  No...not with a man!  Jeanette and I are going to the movies.  Yet another temptation - I sure do love movie popcorn.  Oh well - I'm doing good on this program and I have paid way too much money and devoted way too much inner strength to screw it up.
And here is today's 60 Challenge...


60 Challenge Day #19
"A Picture of Somewhere I Would Like to Visit"
Island of Bornholm (in Denmark on the Baltic Sea)

No comments:

Post a Comment