Friday, May 20, 2011

Orange

I am really tired but still feel like writing a little bit.  I am on some heavy duty pain medication which actually is not helping at all so I guess there is little reason to take it.  I have had a flare-up of Diverticulitis.  Hurts like heck on my left side.  I am on antibiotics to keep my colon from getting infected and thus, painful to the point of unbearable.  It's gotten that bad before and I don't want to go back there!  It's not a fun disease to have but I would rather have this then many of the other diseases out there - a lot of which are fatal.  I consider myself very fortunate.  I always try to look at a situation and say "it could be worse".

Other than being sick it was a fairly good week.  Just long.  I went to a Partylite party after work tonight.  They have such pretty things but kind of expensive.  I did find a really cute candle holder - clear with orange in it.  Perfect for my orange bathroom!  I LOVE orange lately.  I used to really enjoy my orange bathroom until Zoe moved in.  She has taken over the bathroom which means the orange rug got taken off the floor and the white shower curtain is no longer accessible to little paws with claws.  So its still a cute bathroom but it has been cat-ified. Roxie got to go to the party with me.  She loves to go to people's houses so she was in party heaven.  She had a fun time.  There were 3 kids there and she loves kids so that was extra fun for her.  I really appreciate when people let her go into their house.  She always behaves herself and it makes her feel so important.  I understand that not all people like dogs, esp in a house.  My step-sister is one.  She has this idea in her head that dogs are very dirty.  So she is miserable when she visits mom and dad's house.  This is no lie...she wears DOUBLE socks on her feet to protect herself from dog germs!  And of course she is horrified that the dogs are allowed on the furniture.  I love her face when one of our dogs jumps up next to her on the couch.  Priceless!  Yeah, I get enjoyment out of seeing her suffer - it's fun!

And speaking of sisters...my sister, Judy, is going through a difficult time right now.  She is feeling lonely and sad since Doris died.  I get that but I have a very hard time mustering up a whole lot of sympathy for her.  I do feel bad and I'm sure it is hard to lose your mom.  But I kind of get the idea that she wants me to feel some guilt and feel sorry for her.  But I don't.  She told me that Mother's Day was very hard.  I'm sorry but that was not my problem to fix.  I feel that if she had not treated me like crap for a long time that I would have more heart toward her.  But there have been many, many times when she just blew me off and now when she is in need, she cannot expect me to be at her side all the time.  She kind of brought this on herself.  She was the one who chose to distance our relationship.  Now she is alone and I think she is regretting that move.  I am nice to her and am willing to see her now and again but I don't trust her.  She hurt me too many times.  I'm worth more than that. 

Congratulations to my friend, Lon, who closed today on his new home (in Waterford WI)!  It's a cute place - wish I had a picture to post.  I have seen a lot of pics from the realtor site but I can't access them now since it is no longer for sale.  It's got a pretty yard and is real nice inside.  I'm happy for him and hope he enjoys it.

60 Challenge for today...
60 Challenge Day #21
"A Picture of the Last Movie You Saw in the Theater"
SOMETHING BORROWED

No comments:

Post a Comment