Sunday, December 5, 2010

Fun Weekend (I'm lying)

I feel as if this has been the longest weekend of my life.  Usually weekends fly by and it's sad to go back to work but I think I am ready to sit at my desk tomorrow.
Friday really sucked.  It started out with the 333 bus not showing up at the courthouse to pick me up at 4:38.  I should have thrown in the towel right then and there.  What didn't suck was that my friend Barbara happened to drive by and offered me a ride.  Not just to the train but all the way to Escondido.  Bless her.  But as we got on the freeway I got a call from Luigi saying that he was on his way to pick me up at work.  Huh?  He said I knew he was coming to get me.  No.  As it turned out, he assumed I knew he was coming to get me and it never crossed my mind.  I think he was a bit upset but you can't really get mad at Jules who was just doing her normal thing - getting herself home as best she could!  I told him to turn around and avoid the bedlam known as Vista and the eastbound 78 freeway and go to Escondido instead.  So things weren't going too good for me.  Then I got a call that I really wanted and voila - no cell service!  After 3 attempts we gave up.  Got home to an annoying call on my machine from Roxie's vet's office (one of those "sure we will do that for you but it will cost you" kind of calls).  Then I opened my mail and found a bill from Kaiser for just under $1000.00.  Really?  I have excellent med insurance and I never pay more than a $20.00 co-pay and sometimes not even that.  So I went into complete panic mode.  Those were just a few of the things I was dealing with and being that it was the end of the week and I was tired, I did not handle it well.  We'll just leave it at that.  I had no idea that it costs $320.00 to see a therapist for an hour at Kaiser without insurance.  And an endoscope down your throat?  $650.00.  I thank God for insurance.  As it turned out, there was no need to panic.  The bill was 100% an error.  I don't owe them a dime.  I tend to think the worst and obviously that is not always the best route.
Saturday night I attended a memorial service for our friend, Doug Mitchell.  What an amazing man - suffered with a terrible disease and NEVER uttered a word of complaint.  Definitely a man to admire.
Then I had some self-inflicted suffering of my own (and yes, I complain a lot).  I went to Applebees on my second shop of the week for the same restaurant, different location.  What a nightmare.  Picture this...9:00 at night...a quiet restaurant.  A nice meal out.  Oh heck no.  In a matter of 5 minutes there was an invasion of approximately 70 San Marcos high school students.  Any idea what a room sounds like with a table of twenty 15 year old girls who have no way of communication except to yell and scream?  My head was spinning.  I couldn't even hear myself think.  If I had not been doing a "job" I would have left, but not me - I had to sit through until the bitter end of my "job".  So not worth it for a free meal.
The tone of this Blog sounds rather negative but what can I say?  It was one hell of a weekend!  Not to be repeated.  I hope!  So tomorrow I will go back to my desk, surrounded by files and phones, and complaints, and annoying bosses.  Will I complain?  Absolutely! ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment