Thursday, December 30, 2010

Missing: 1 Apatite Ring

My 3 day weekend started today at 1:45 when I left work.  So nice!
As I sit here typing I can hear my Zoe playing happily in her bathtub.  It used to be my bathtub but I gave it away.  She collects her toys and puts them in there and then plays in there many times a day.  Right now she is playing with a bottle cap from a soda bottle.  Out of all her toys, her favorites are not the ones I spent a lot of money on but instead the free ones (i.e. bottle cap).  This story leads me into my next story which is not so cute but entertaining nonetheless.  People who really know me know that I am not a big fan of jewelry.  Some of it's pretty and certainly if someone wants to buy me a round cut diamond, I would make the sacrifice and wear it.  I don't see that happening so I revert back to the minimal jewelry thing.  I have a few rings, very few, that I have received over the years or else purchased myself.  I don't wear them but I have them and am fond of them.  I have 2 tanzanites, 1 sapphire, 1 pearl, and 1 apatite.  I keep them on a ring holder on my dresser.  Well at least I used to.  One day I came home to find the ring holder on the floor and the rings were gone!  No sign of them anywhere.  I looked for them to no avail. The rings were stolen and the ring holder knocked on the floor.  I kind of had an idea what kind of thief I had but one is certainly innocent until proven guilty.  Fast forward a couple of days...  I am in bed asleep and hear the usual bathtub playtime commotion.  I keep hearing a "clinking" sound.  I finally got up to see what was going on and to my amazement there was a sapphire ring being batted around in the tub.  I snatched it up and hid it.  The next night?  A multi-colored stone ring that I got in Catalina one year.  I hid it.  A week went by and I heard the "clink".  Ran into the bathroom and much to my joy...my tanzanite.  This wasn't just a tanzanite but a rather special tanzanite that I had received for my 42nd birthday.  Not something that came out of a gumball machine.  I was SO thankful to get it back.  And last night?  1 pearl ring showed up.  In the bathtub of course!  Luigi found my other tanzanite on the floor in the bedroom.  I am down to the apetite ring.  I really would like it back.  It's a light aqua stone - very pretty.  I eagerly await the "clink".
Damn kitten!  Here she is with her bottle cap...


And no, I do not shower with Dawn dish soap!  Like I said, the bathtub belongs to Zoe.  In addition, I have given up my whole bathroom to Zoe.  That would be her dish soap for when she scrubs out her litter box.  Uh huh - she's quite self sufficient.  And I am lying.  And that's all I've got for tonight! ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment