Sunday, November 28, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010

Thanksgiving this year was at the Hesseltine home in Beaumont CA...nice setting with the snow on the mountains.  And a COLD wind blowing down!...




It was a typical Thanksgiving.  First we had a fire...


And then we had a spill...


But then we all sat at the table...


And all was well.

There were 14 of us in total. 11 adults and 3 kids.  We had the usual fare...turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes, yams, vegetarian casseroles, and pie.  Lots of pie.  I made all the pies.  That would be the last real thing I have made in my kitchen.  Because on Wednesday night we had a plumbing problem.  It is now Sunday and there is still a plumbing problem.  I cannot wash dishes so I have quite the pile going on.  We have used up all the paper plates and eaten out quite a bit.  I have never rented a place that is privately owned so I assume the landlord needs to be alerted before I call a plumber.  Well, she is on vacation and I am getting desperate.  I have texted and called her voice mail and no answer.  So tomorrow morning Nathan from Palomar Plumbing is coming over to take care of the grayish, smelly water.  We met Nathan at the dog park.  He has dogs, he is honest.  That's how I look at it!

Next year there will be no pies.  This girl is going out of town.  Thanksgiving will be in a restaurant in a different city and hopefully state.  I have never been out of town on a major holiday before so I think there is a first for everything.  The fires, the spills, the food, the leftovers, and the dishes I gladly give to another family!

Bring on Christmas!


No comments:

Post a Comment