Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Busy!

This is a very busy week for me.  And for some reason my place of employment expects me to show up and actually work 8 hours a day.  They obviously didn't get the memo that I AM BUSY.
Last night I met Brenda in Temecula.  Great to see her.  She was really kind and treated me to a pedicure and then to dinner at PF Changs as a birthday gift.  Delicious food and enjoyable company to share it with!
Tonight...I wonder if I will get a Christmas Tree?  It is 6:40 and I haven't left the house yet.  I think I'm running about 50/50 here.  I don't plan on mentioning the tree again unless I get it done and post a pic.  Other than that, it's all talk.
Saturday was a fun but different kind of day.  Had lunch with Rhonda at Olive Garden (thank you, Rhonda) and then we went over to the coast to visit a little place called Tracy's Piercing.  For some reason beyond my comprehension, Rhonda wanted her nose pierced!  I think it hurt me more than it hurt her.  I spent half the time watching the piercing and the other half trying to figure out if the "piercer" was a guy or a girl with a lot of testosterone!  Jury still out on that one for me.  Is "Mel" a Melvyn or a Melinda?  Here are a couple of pics.  Not sure if it's visible or not but the second picture shows a long needle (3 inches) going from the outside and coming out the nostril.  I kept making horrible faces and Rhonda kept telling me to stop it!  I think she was about ready to send me to my room.  Well, in this case she would have had to send me to the car!  Cheers, Rhonda!



I found out yesterday that I was accepted into a book club!  My very first one and I'm super excited.  I tend to read the same types of books so maybe this will nudge me out of my comfort zone which is often a good thing.  My friend Jeanette invited me.  They meet every 6 weeks on a Sunday afternoon.  The person who picks the book, hosts dinner at her home.  Sounds like fun!  When I find out the name of the book I will be reading, I will let you know!
I am a little "iffy" on the whole concept of "online shopping".  On one hand, it's a few clicks and voila, stuff is at your door.  On the other hand, I actually like to touch things before I buy them so it's tough for me make those "clicks" on the computer.  And I noticed that almost everything I want to order is either out of stock or back ordered.  But I guess that is no different than going into a store and something not being available (which is usually my luck).  I was really upset when I ordered something DAYS ago...something that said "in stock and available to ship".  And then time goes by and all of a sudden it's on back order with no projected date of delivery.  I called again today and was told it's a specialty item - limited quantities - seasonal - and whatever else.  I finally just canceled the stupid order and I am not a happy shopper.  It was important to me so I am really bummed.  Merry Christmas anyway - I'm told it's the thought that counts.  I hope so.
Zoe is growing (fast) and doing just fine (proof below). In case you are wondering...YES, I do serve meals on clean dishes - don't worry about dining at my house and finding cat hair in your lasagna.  I promise! ♥

Opening up mouth to meow!

Really Zoe?!

No comments:

Post a Comment