Friday, December 10, 2010

Got Business Cards?

Happy Friday to me!  Today was the County Counsel party.  It kinda sucked.  The food was good.  I thought if the entertainment was as good as last year, it would be a great time.  Think again.  The head of County Counsel is retiring in January.  So they had this brilliant idea to combine the two events.  The holiday party and the retirement party.  (By the way, I did not go to a Holiday Party.  I attended a CHRISTMAS party).  How is listening to a guy who makes $300k a year talk about how he got his job any kind of a party?  It was painful.  They kept mentioning his brand new home in La Jolla.  WTF?  It's their 3rd new home in 4 years.  They couldn't find the right fit.  4 stories with a jacuzzi on the top floor outside.  Poor people.  Yeah - it was a fun party all right.  I loved the chocolate cake.
The call came in last night...the call that a lot of people hope and pray for!  Luigi's mom decided that she is not having Christmas at her house and she does not want to see us.  I'm devastated.  Really.  Actually, I feel as if I won the lottery!  And I do understand it works both ways.  If my mom called and said that, Luigi would have won the lottery.
The vet put my roly poly Roxie Doxie on a diet today.  Ok, so she started out weighing 17 pounds and is now 25.  Now that I see those numbers in black and white, it doesn't look so good.  She left the vet's office and immediately had diarrhea and vomiting.  I would too if I went to the doctor and he politely called me a fatso!
Going with Rhonda to have her nose pierced tomorrow.  No comment.
Christmas shopping this weekend.  Mostly online but I do have a few stores to hit.  I need to do a few Christmas cards.  I need to mail one box to Greendale, WI.  Nothing more to ship!  I have lots and lots of cookies to make.  That's about it - sounds simple (even though it's not).  Heading to Wal Mart tomorrow night to find the perfect tree.  I mean the perfectly cheap tree!  As long as it smells good, I'm a happy girl.  I know fake (artificial is the pc term) trees are perfectly acceptable these days but it's not real Christmas without a tree with twinkling lights and a wonderful smell!  I do have a major problem this year...her name is Zoe.  Not quite sure how this whole tree thing will play out.  From the havoc she's been causing, I have a feeling it's not gonna be pretty!  She's like a destroyer missile.  She was into collecting coins but she has a new hobby going on this week.  She collects business cards!  She brings them to me in the middle of the night and places them strategically on the bed.  Where she finds these things is beyond my comprehension. Weirdo! ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment