Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Reality TV - Hello Kitty - Incompetent Parenting

What in the world was I thinking last night when I said I was happy to go back to work today?  That was a truly stupid thing to say.  Work S-U-C-K-E-D today.  One of the attorneys was such a mean be-otch today.  I just don't understand why some people feel the need to be spiteful and nasty sometimes.  It makes no sense to me.  It's so immature and downright hateful.  And I know this might upset some people but I seem to have noticed that some of the worst culprits are supposedly "Christians".  I want to ask what they think is the correct definition and behavior for a Christian.  I got through the day but I really wanted to be home with my pets.
Ok...so I say I want to be home with the pets.  But I also find myself wanting to be home for an entirely different reason.  The most utterly ridiculous and wasteful reason to be home...reality TV.  Honestly, it's addicting.  And the more ridiculous the better.  I talked about my Facebook Games addiction.  I'm thinking that's not so bad after all!  This weekend I discovered a new show.  New for me.  I am seriously embarassed to say this but this is a tell-all Blog.  My name is Julie and I admit that I watched several episodes of...
MARRIED TO ROCK

Really Julie?  Really?!  Could I have found a bigger waste of time?  I don't think so!  These women are married to rock stars.  And this show follows these women around to watch them shop or eat or cry.  I found them to be the most interesting of creatures.  Here's what intrigued me the most and got me hooked.  One of the women (Josie) loves the color pink.  Everything is pink.  Her kitchen cupboards are painted pink, her appliances are pink, her clothes are pink, and pretty much anything around her is pink.  She decides one day that she wants a real wedding, not just the little ceremony they had the first time.  She wants a pink wedding of course!  So I watch these friends follow her around while she plans her pink wedding.  Of  course drama ensued as it does when you have 4 spoiled, whiney, fake-boobed, rich women walking around Los Angeles.  Bottom line is that Josie wanted a HELLO KITTY wedding.  Is that not the cutest but most immature thing EVER?!  What grown woman wants to run around talking about Hello Kitty all the time?  Josie.  She even has a Hello Kitty cell phone.  I'm pretty sure that women who love Hello Kitty have had some sort of brain scrambling going on in there.  Possibly dropped too many times as a baby?  Weaned from the nipple too soon?  What is it?  I admit, I had a lapse in my own judgment at one time and jumped on the Hello Kitty litter box.  I'm all grown up now.  Now I watch reality TV!  Hee Hee!  Josie got her Hello Kitty wedding.  Pink cupcakes with Hello Kitty decorations on top.  And I think if she gets any more botox she will soon look like a Hello Kitty herself!  I need an intervention because I keep thinking about this stupid show.  Somebody help me!  And to make it worse...if "Married to Rock" was not on, I was watching 16 and Pregnant on MTV.  What are those little girls thinking?  Makes me shudder.  Glad I don't have teenagers.
And before I sign off I have to admit that I get the award for the world's worst Mommy today.  The parents picked me up at a restaurant and drove me home.  Mom wanted to use my computer.  By the way, Mom does not have the internet because she doesn't need it.  Funny thing though...she is always using mine!  Am I a sucker or what?  Anyway, I got off subject.  So Mom, Dad, Julie, Roxie, and Cassie, all head upstairs to my front door.  Zoe is looking out the window...so cute.  Look at the cute kitty everyone!  Hi Zoe!  Let's open the front door and see Zoe!  So we all go in the house and get settled.  Bev is using the computer.  Hugh is on the sofa watching TV.  His dog is in his lap (she's scared of Zoe).  I'm on the sofa myself going through my mail and watching TV and e-mailing someone on my phone.  Multi-tasking.  And time goes on.  And on.  All of a sudden I feel a loss.  Like a piece is missing to my puzzle.  I said "where's Roxie?"  Dad says "she should be right here".  I look around...no Rox.  I call her.  No Rox.  I start running around looking for my beloved pup.  No Rox.  And I knew.  It was true.  I went to the front door, unlocked it, opened it, and standing there in the cold was my poor, forlorn puppy girl.  She never said a word.  Just stood there waiting for me like a good dog.  She knows I always promise to come back for her so I guess this time was no different.  I felt like crap.  I invited her into her own home and begged for forgiveness!  Yeah, I shed a tear.  Because I felt so darn bad.  I gave her a kiss and a cookie.  She is considering taking me back as her mom...


No comments:

Post a Comment