Thursday, December 9, 2010

Christmas chit chat

So I stepped into the mall last night, took one look at all the people, and ran!  I had a plan but I couldn't see it through.  My plan was to be in and out in 20 minutes.  I survived 30 seconds.  I am going to attempt it again next week in the middle of a week day and see if that works better for me.
New favorite item of the month...Trader Joe's Peppermint Stick Green Tea.  Very yummy and I'm told, very good for me.  Seems as if Green Tea is a cure-all for all kinds of ailments.  And it keeps your immune system healthy.  And last year it was a different product.  And next year will be different yet.  If someone wrote an article and said that eating cow balls would keep us from getting cancer do you know how many castrated cows would be running around?  Darn near every one of them!  It's crazy.  There is a reason I am not rich and famous.  I have not yet announced a secret potion.
Still reading postsecret.com every week.  Some secrets are so very disturbing.  Every time I think I am unique and have strange thoughts in my head I find out I am in good company.  Some secrets are haunting and disturbing.  Its a good place to relate sometimes though.  Every now and again I will read something and say to myself "I'm not the only one?"  Very intriguing.
If I hear Santa Baby or Feliz Navidad one more time I'm not sure what I will do.  I can't stand all these "Christmas" songs.  It's really sad.  I'm sad that Christmas isn't what is used to be - now it's so commercial and promotes such greed.  I miss the Christmas' of long ago.  My grandma always made sure we had the world's best Christmas.  I would think it couldn't get any better but the next year it was.  And it wasn't about all the presents (although I got plenty of those).  We had those kind of Christmas' that you see on TV.  The full on decorated house with the big tree and Santa would visit (literally - we had Santa knock on the door every Christmas Eve - too fat for the chimney!).  I would leave cookies and milk for him when he came around again on Christmas morning.  Sure enough - he ate all the cookies and drank the milk!  Amazing!  We always had a big fire in the fireplace and lots of people would come over.  We would have green punch and green jello salad (yuck on that one).  My great-grandma made green Christmas sugar cookies.  I'm glad I have all those memories.  It's certainly not like that anymore.  And I sure do miss my grandma and my great-grandma.  The kindest most loving women I have ever known and loved.  Mimi and Nanny.  Mimi's birthday would have been next Tuesday.  I plan to take a poinsettia to my grandparents gravesite this year.  I haven't been there in a long while and I think it's time.  I am the only one in the family who has ever been to the cemetary.  I think it makes them sad.  But it makes me happy because they are just resting and I will see them again one day!
By the way...my Grandma did NOT get run over by a reindeer (it was cancer - obviously she did not eat enough cow balls and wash them down with green tea)!

No comments:

Post a Comment