Monday, December 20, 2010

46...no different than 45

I am now 46 years old and I'm ok with that.  Can't say I feel any older. Yesterday was a nice birthday.  Got my first call at about 2:30 in the morning!  Actually someone called me by mistake but I still consider it my very first call to welcome in a new year!  It rained all day.  I took a nice long nap.  Had dinner at PF Changs and then went to my church's Christmas program.  It was the strangest performance I have ever been to.  I just didn't get it.  It took a whole lot of artsy fartsy confusion to get to the core of the story at the end which was about Jesus.  Frankly, it was a nightmare.  I think it was too trendy and modern for my simple tastes. 
I am in the process of making 21 Christmas treat boxes for Luigi's employees and his bosses at Henry's Market.  I tried to figure out something cute yet cost efficient.  I found boxes like Chinese food take-out boxes that were for Christmas.  Found those at Michael's for a dollar a piece.  I'm going to layer in them.  Bottom layer will be homemade caramel corn, next layer cookies, and the top layer will be decorated chocolate covered pretzels and peppermint bark.  A Candy Cane on the outside and we're good to go!
Went to Target today.  Awful.  Crazy people out there.  Not much more to say about that.
Leaving on another cruise in just about a month.  Please don't envy me.  I'm going with my parents.  Not much more to say about that one either.  I'll bring it  up again later in January.  I am scared.  Very scared.
Very busy work week ahead.  I have an ugly project to do.  But the 4 days should go by pretty quick.  And then it's my favorite holiday...Christmas! ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment