Thursday, December 29, 2011

Nook

Nook.  Kindle.  Nook.  Kindle.  I am obsessed!  I don't know which one to choose.  I am sure either one would be great.  I talked to someone today and the consensus was that I should go with the one whose name I like the best.  Nook.  I like that word.  Nookie.  Nook & Cranny.  It's a fun word!  I'm thinking that the Nook just might edge out the Kindle.

Working at the courthouse there is never a lack of fun or at least interesting.  Yesterday there was a sting operation set up in the driveway.  Probation officers, police officers, and sheriffs were stopping people as they were driving in and asking them for a driver's license.  There were a ton of empty cars lined up waiting to be picked up for impound.  So here's the deal.  Every last Wednesday evening of the month is the MADD DUI class.  So the hundreds of people who chose to drink and drive (and get caught) come to the courthouse for a mandatory class.  So when you get convicted of a DUI you automatically get your license suspended for at least 30 days.  In my simple mind, I get the fact that if my license were suspended, I should NOT be driving.  Didn't seem to cross the minds of a whole bunch of people going to the class.  Everyone who was driving got their car towed!  Love it!  You have no idea how fun it is to watch what happens to stupid people!  Gave me great pleasure.  So let's see...they drove drunk, got pulled over, had car impounded.  Went to court, signed up for drunk class, got pulled over, and got car impounded!  That's a pretty darn expensive venture.  Makes a taxi ride home seem pretty cheap at that point!  Moral of the story?  Don't Drink and Drive.

I am on a quest to find out what this Pinterest thing is all about.  Guess I am out of the loop.  I will be back with a report on that as soon as I can! Happy Friday!♥

No comments:

Post a Comment