Monday, December 12, 2011

Tree Time

December 12...13 days until Christmas and guess what?  Jules finally got a tree!  I have been a bit of a bah humbug since moving out of the house.  I love Christmas and everything that goes with it but I just haven't been able to really do much about it.  We moved to that apartment in Escondido and I hated that place and there was no room for a tree anyway.  Then we moved here and things have not gotten much better.  Last year was the worst.  I was depressed the whole season.  So this year I finally decided that I can feel sorry for myself or I can do something about the sad attitude and at least get a tree and make it look festive and smell even better.  And this tree smells incredible!  It's a Douglas Fir.  Tonight it is airing out and opening up and by Wednesday (first day I will have time) it will be ready for decoration.  I've got pine needles everywhere but I don't even care.  That's why I own a vacuum and a broom.  I will leave them until I decorate.  Yep, being messy and careless! 
Zoe LOVES the tree.  She is absolutely positive that we bought it for her.  She is smelling it and batting at the branches and of course, sitting under it.  Here are the "before" pics and Wednesday I will post the "after" pics.  You will see Zoe there on the left.  She is amazed at this "thing" in her living room!  I am very, very scared about Zoe and the ornaments.  It will be fun! ♥



No comments:

Post a Comment