Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas 2011

I hope that everyone had a very Merry Christmas! 
It's been a busy couple of days around here.  Yesterday on our way to San Diego we stopped at my friend Jeanette's house.  Her Christmas Eve was already in full swing.  The family was assembling tamales - I wanted to stay and partake but we had to get going.  The appetizers were especially delicious as was the frozen cranberry margarita. 
Moving on...we then went to Luigi's parent's house for the Christmas Eve thing.  They only eat seafood on Christmas Eve.  Things like octopus and squid and clams.  Ug.  However, my mother-in-law was kind and did make a little bit of Fettuccini Alfredo and I was all for that!  And that is the only thing that I ate.    It was nice...the parts I could understand.  They speak a lot of Italian and I just zone out.  I am not complaining as if I wanted to do something about it, I could learn how to speak it.  But I'm not going to.  Will just keep zoning - that's cool!  There were 6 of us - Us of course and then his parents and his brother, Benny, and his wife, Alison.

Today was Christmas here at home.  I slept in.  Needed that so much.  After that I made a couple of pumpkin pies and then prepped for Christmas dinner.  Mom and Dad arrived about 2.  The food was great...ate way too much.  We deep-fried a turkey like we did on Thanksgiving.  We paid so much $ for the peanut oil that we thought we should use it again.  It lasts about 4 months I think...
After we ate we went to Rancho Penasquitos to see Christmas Card Lane.  It's so cute - people have huge "greeting cards" in their yards and lots of lights and other decor.  My favorite was 101 Dalmatians.  So darn cute!  A lot of people went the religious route which was nice too.
Roxie wore her Christmas shirt that says "Dear Santa: The Cat Did It"!  I love that!  She enjoyed opening up her presents.  She got 2 animal squeaky toys, a ball, and a mega bag of Denta Stix.  Happy camper.
As for me...I am sporting a cabinet full of brand new dishes!  Thank you mom and dad.  I love them!  I got Fiestaware in different colors so I have lime, peacock, tangerine, and marigold.  I have not had new dishes since the early 90s so I was due.  Several times I have gone into the kitchen and peeked in the cupboard just to look!
Tomorrow...I'm thinking that sleeping in sounds pretty good at this point.  I have a massage scheduled for 11:30.  Can't wait.  Then maybe to see a movie?  Not sure.
And last night I had a dream that I was Mrs Claus...hmmm - she's got a lot going on!
Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night. ♥


No comments:

Post a Comment