Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Chipwrecked

Happy New Year.  I suppose?  I am going to be honest and say that I am not feeling the "happy" part of this.  Yet.  Most people know that I struggle with depression.  Most days are fine.  Some days are fantastic.  And a few days are absolutely horrible.  This weekend has been the latter.  It's not permanent though and I just need to get through this.  I had to laugh today though. (I DO laugh mind you!)  My parents mean well as do most people.  My dad says to me "have you eaten today"?  Oh how I wish just eating something would fix everything!  But I realize that a lot of people think that I must not have eaten or I am not drinking enough water or I didn't get enough sleep.  Sleep is what depressed people do!  Anyway, I appreciate people trying to help but I am the only one who can save me!  And I will.  With all that aside...here is what's up in my life:

New Year's Eve we decided to go out to dinner.  I don't like being out late on New Year's so we decided to go about 5:30.  We went to Claim Jumper.  May I first say that CJ has not only raised their prices but they have taken away a couple of our favorite menu items.  I was bummed about that but I found a substitution.  I had received a gift card for Christmas and I wanted to use that.  The bill came and it was $43.00.  I had $50.00 on my gift card so... perfect!  Or so I thought.   You know when a different guy comes to your table with that sad look that something is up.  "We are so sorry but your card has been declined".  Seriously?!  Just my luck.  I really didn't want to spend $50.00 on a meal out of my checking account.  Not when Christmas has just ended!  I don't know what's up with the gift card.  I should go online and check it but I just haven't done that yet.
New Year's Day comes along and I get a text from a very close friend who tells me "I got married last night".  WTH?  Of course I am not allowed to tell anyone anything.  It just struck me as odd and I certainly didn't need an invite but I wish I would have known.  And it wasn't like a romantic elopement or anything like that.  I didn't know what to say except for "congratulations".  And I was careful not to put a question mark after that!  It just left me perplexed for the rest of the day.
Today I went to see Alvin and the Chipmunks - Chipwrecked.  What can I say?!  It was cute.  I was with a little girl and she loved it!  That's what matters.  And we all got the kid's combo.  Popcorn, Gummy Bears, and a cup with Alvin on the top.  Hey, that's my new cup for drinking water at my desk!  I got it goin' on!

Back to work tomorrow.  I will certainly miss being home with Roxie and Zoe.  Roxie is such my hero.  She is right here next to me in a chair just snoring her butt off!  What a life... And tomorrow is a new day!  May 2012 bring everyone peace and happiness. And may those of you who live in the cold part of the country (yes, it was 84 degrees here today), please be careful as I hear that "black ice" can not only be dangerous but quite expensive if you hit it and crash the car. ♥
 
Madison w/ Simon, Alvin, & Theodore

Maddie

And here is my puppy girl enjoying an after-supper nap...

1/2/12 "Roxie"


No comments:

Post a Comment