Monday, June 13, 2011

On Love and Appreciation

I feel like I have a lot to say because I have been a Blog-Lagger.  So I think I will just touch on a few thoughts...
Last Tuesday I went to group and we were told that our Physician's Assistant, Jennifer, who is available to us every Tuesday night, had passed away in her sleep a few days before.  Wow - that came as a shock. I really liked her as did everyone else.  Very sad news.
And on Saturday I saw a friend from church who is very ill with Stage 4 Breast and Bone Cancer.  It was so good to see her yet quite sad to see her and what she is going through.  She said it is so frustrating and she gets very angry because her mind works just fine yet her body is not within her control.  She can't even get into bed to sleep.  She has to sleep on the couch.  Her husband helps her shower and dress.  She can't sit up in a chair.  She is couch-ridden.  Her first visit from Hospice was last Thursday.  She said they were very helpful and so nice to deal with.  What touched me is that she said she is so thankful that it is her who got the cancer and not her husband.  She said she couldn't bear to see him in as much pain as she is in and she also said there is no way that she could take care of him as well as he takes care of her.  If you believe in prayer, I ask that you pray for her to find some kind of comfort and hopefully some relief from the terrible pain.  Her name is Sue.
At one point I would have said that these kind of things really make me think and realize that I take my life for granted.  But I don't think that too much anymore.  I no longer take anything for granted.  I have seen too much pain and suffering in my life.  It's everywhere.  It is not just illness.  It is people's jobs, relationships, children, and overall trials and tribulations that are faced every day.  It does make me less tolerable toward people who are generally selfish and mean.  I listen to people talk to others and wonder what drives a person to be short and curt and overall crappy?  And why do so many people beat others when they are already down?  There is definitely a lack of love and appreciation in our relationships.
I know "I love yous" can be over-used at times.  I try not to do that but I also say it if I feel it - even if it's 5 times in one day.  It feels good to be loved and it feels good to be complimented.  I had someone tell me the other day how pretty I am.  That didn't just make my day - it made my week and maybe my month!  It's the little things that keep us going and I am so thankful every day that I am loved and appreciated.  And when I feel down, I do my best to remember that I am not forgotten.  I may feel lonely at times but I do know there are people out there who are thinking of me - maybe that very second I feel lonely.  And that brings a sense of comfort.
Friday I went to an 8th grade promotion ceremony at La Mesa Middle School.  Teenagers are like little foreign objects to me.  Just the way they talk, dress, and carry themselves.  Since I don't have kids I probably look at them differently than if I did.  One little girl gave a speech about inspiration and named someone who influences and possibly motivates.  Her example was Lady Gaga.  REALLY?!  I knew right then and there that my understanding of that generation is seriously lacking!  Anyway, it was amusing.  Luigi's twin nieces are now on their way to high school.  Along with all the other thousands of these strange little characters.
It appears that I have secured free rooms at Green Valley Ranch Resort and Spa for ALL of my guests in August for the birthday party.  How awesome is that?  It's a very nice place and I am so happy that this is working out.  Of course, I still have flashbacks of my weekend at Imperial Palace with the pigeons.  I won't rest easy until this really does come to fruition!  My brother in law, Antonio, is really helping me out with this whole thing and I am so grateful.  He is dealing with Tony the Weasel so I don't have to. 
Tuesday is weigh-in again.  Not sure how I'm feeling about this one.  It's been a tough week and I will leave it at that.  However, I was back at the gym today and am working toward feeling renewed to keep with this another 7 weeks until August.  I am determined to hit 100 pounds by then.  Determined!
Will report back tomorrow...♥
60 Challenge...
60 Challenge Day #24
"A Picture of Your Favorite Disney Character"

No comments:

Post a Comment