Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Blood N Stuff

Day #?  I have no idea!  I am still on the Optifast and plugging along.  I have lost 70.2 pounds as of yesterday!  My first big goal was to lose 85 pounds by the time my group ends.  I have 2 weeks to go and realistically, it's not going to happen.  But that's fine.  I do what I can and have decided to keep going on this thing and start on June 28 with a new group.  It's a day by day struggle but also a day to day journey and self-realization.  I'm proud of myself.  Not perfect but no one is.  As long as I can remember that, I'm ahead of the game.
So here is a weird, gross kind of thing that happened today.  At my job I am the first person to log in the files after they come back from the courtroom.  My attorneys place them on a table for me in the file room.  What I do with them after that would bore you to tears.  However, today I went in to the file room to pick up my files and I noticed that the file on the top of the pile had red marks on it.  I looked at it closer and said to self "self, is that blood?"  Dried blood is rather obvious.  So I picked up the file (careful not to touch the blood) and see that the next file has bloody smears on it too.  As do the next 2.  Please do not picture a homicide scene with blood splatter.  That would be over-stating what it was.  But it was definite smears of blood.  I was completely horrified.  So I opened up the files to see which attorney was in court with these files.  Having found the culprit I took 2 of the files into my friend Sujata's office and said "look!".  She was grossed out.  Our friend, Kim, was sitting in the there and said "I know where that blood came from!"  Turns out this certain attorney had a bloody nose during court and I guess she thought it was ok for blood to be smeared on my files?  I heard that the bailiff told her they needed to break so she could take care of her bloody nose.  She didn't want to.  She would rather flippin' bleed on my (now) bloody files!  WTF?  I was beside myself.  This is the same attorney who takes files in to the public bathrooms to review them while taking care of business.  Disgusting to put it mildly!  Long story short...I complained to my supervisor who was horrified who complained to the chief of our office who was equally horrified.  Really, this could be a potentially dangerous situation.  Probably not this time but YOU JUST DON'T DO THAT!  If I got blood on stuff, I would not even think of doing what she did.  Anyway...I was asked to carefully make new files and I was told that I should never be subjected to those conditions and that this person would be dealt with accordingly.  What a pain in the ass stupid thing to have to deal with today! This happened around 1ish and I was thinking I might be getting a personal phone call at 1:30 and was trying to deal with this before that time so I could take a break.  No break of course.  Ug.
I still haven't finished making new files so I will complete that fun task in the morning.  I needed to leave work in order to get my hair done.  Priorities you know!  When you have seriously gray roots, action must be taken.  I went darker this time.  I like it.  Ashleigh refuses to let me be blonde so if I can't do that, I may as well do the opposite.
Here's the new color...

Will be back tomorrow to continue the saga of my weird life. 
Here is my Zoe's new "house"...nothing like an empty box from Trader Joe's!♥

My Kitty, Zoe! 06/07/11


No comments:

Post a Comment