Thursday, June 16, 2011

Graduation @ Home

I am at a senior high school graduation right here in my home office.  No, I did not receive an invitation and no, I do not know any of the graduates.  But at 7:05 I started hearing a band play.  None other than Pomp & Circumstance.  What does that mean anyway - the whole Pomp & Circumstance thing?  I need to google that one.  The next block down is Mission Hills High School and it is definitely graduation night.  P & C went on for about 20 minutes so I assume we have a lot of eager graduates being released into the big bad world.  Then I heard a couple of solos.  I believe someone is giving a speech right now - I will guess the Valedictorian.  What I'm really waiting for is the reading of the names for the diplomas.  That should take a good hour.  Anyway...such a touching ceremony...ha ha!
Finally tomorrow is Friday.  I had to work ALL week and that makes for a long week.  I prefer to get in at least one day off per week although that is not really the norm.  But last week was a short week and next week is a short week again. 
Most of the invitations for Luigi's 50th party have been sent out.  I still have a few to go but the hard part is done.  The cake is ordered.  NY Rangers logo front and center.  I ordered the cake from Freed's Bakery in Vegas.  I actually found this bakery many years ago after watching Rachel Ray's $40 a Day show on Food Network.  I tried it one day and yes, it was a delicious piece of cake.  So they have my business!
I need some weekend plans...wish I were away this weekend.  But alas, I will have to be creative to entertain myself.
Would anyone believe me if I said I want to get a tattoo?  Hmmm - would she or wouldn't she?  I can't see myself getting one but if I did it would be small and probably hidden. J ♥ L - cute huh?  I think so! We'll just have to see about that...

No comments:

Post a Comment