Sunday, March 11, 2012

Sunday 3/11/12

My weekend went by real fast.  I sure was busy for someone who had no plans.  On Friday after work I met Rhonda here at the house and we went and picked up my parents.  We all went to the house that we will be moving to in May.  I call it the "Lakehouse".  No, it is not on a lake.  However, there is a teeny tiny view of Lake Hodges from the balcony and a little bigger tiny view from one of the windows in the loft.  Thus, the Lakehouse!  Every time I go there it is so quiet and peaceful.  I am going to love living there.  After that we made homemade pizzas.  So yummy.  I should actually talk about them on the food blog instead of this blog but oh well.  The food blog is on a vacation right now.  Anyway, we made a bbq chicken pizza.  I used leftover rotisserie chicken from Costco.  Chicken, caramelized onions, mozzarella cheese, and Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce. Rhonda picked the BBQ sauce and it was delicious.  The other pizza was yellow and orange bell peppers, caramelized onions, mozz cheese, and goat cheese.  Both were yummy!  Rhonda spent the night - we had a great time just chatting and hanging out.
Yesterday I was at my friend Jeanette's house to feed her cats - Cooper and Oliver.  She's a real good cook so it's often worth it to look in her refrigerator.  I scored this time!  She had stuffed cabbage rolls.  I am not sure if I have ever had one before.  Took some home and had them for dinner last night.  They were delicious.  She was out of town but I did text her and confess to the thievery.  She said I should have taken ALL of them.  Darn!
Today was a lazy day.  But did some cleaning and laundry.  Roxie and I went to Lowe's and bought some boxes for packing.  I was also going to buy bubble wrap but I couldn't afford it!  Crazy expensive.  So that was my excuse to not do any packing at all.  I did sleep in real late this morning and went back to bed twice.  Loved that.  A very good day!
My friend Jan is up in San Francisco.  Her daughter, Stephanie, just had a baby girl so Jan finally has a granddaughter!  Her name is Marlowe.

Stephanie w/ Baby Marlowe
Monday night I start a new group at Kaiser.  A self help type of thing.  It's for 12 weeks.  I hope I like it.  I will be the new person starting in an already established group.  We'll see how that goes.  Other than that, no plans this week.  No excuses to keep from packing.  Oh wait...I don't have bubble wrap.  Oh well - maybe next week. ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment