Monday, March 5, 2012

Cabo Vacation

So I stuck my camera card into the computer and found out that I really didn't take many pics of my vacation.  And the ones I did take are not very good.  Seems I only used the camera 2 days out of the 5.
Here are some pictures as we were leaving Cabo on the Carnival Spirit...




And docked next to us while in Cabo was the Carnival Splendor.  I enjoyed seeing that ship because I sailed on her last year.  This is the ship that caught fire in November and was stranded out at sea for a few days.  Luckily, the week after we were on it.

Carnival Splendor
The vacation went real fast.  I pretty much did a lot of nothing.  Took a lot of naps!  On the back of the ship on Deck 9 is the Adults Only Serenity Deck.  A great view of the ocean and a lot of comfy couches, chairs, and beds.  No kids allowed which keeps the noise level down.  Unless of course you have a jacuzzi filled with drunk people.  In that case, kids are the better choice!
The food was good.  The comedy shows were fun.  My favorite moment was when the comedian asked a woman where her husband was.  She said he was home dog sitting.  He told her that her husband really needed to put some pants on!  He had a field day with that one.  When the show was over I told him that not only was my husband home with our dog but also with his mother-in-law's dog!  The guy was horrified! Anyway, his name is Dean Austin and he's a funny guy.
Bought a real cute pottery bowl in Cabo.  It came home in many, many pieces.  I was so sad because I loved it.  Oh well - it's a long way back to get another.
This was a memorable cruise for me because I reached Platinum status with Carnival.  This was my 10th cruise.  It's kind of a big deal in my little world.  We were one of the first to board the ship (only took 15 minutes).  I was #3 off of the ship at the end.  I have sat on ships for hours waiting to get off so this was awesome.  I am pretty sure I was home unpacking while some people were still waiting to disembark.  And my favorite perk of all...free laundry service!  I sent my laundry out to be done and within 3 hours it was back all clean and folded.  How nice to cart that home and not have to do so much laundry myself.  That in itself was worth 10 cruises!  Anyway, I enjoyed the luxury of it all.  When I go again it won't be so exciting but for the first time it certainly was!
My Aunt Cheryl is in town but I won't get to see her.  I'm bummed about that.  Her mother-in-law died so they came for the funeral.  I think she is leaving in the morning.  Maybe next time.
Work was overwhelming today.  I just couldn't settle in.  Hopefully tomorrow will be better! ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment