Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Catching Up

I don't have anything earth-shattering to say so I will just fill you in and catch you up on my life. 

My dear friend, Esther Gerardo, passed away on Saturday.  Esther was such a sweetheart.  Sweet, kind, generous, and a beautiful christian.  She will be missed by so many people.  I am very close to Jeanette (Esther was her mom) and the rest of the family.  I love them all.  I volunteered to coordinate the post-memorial reception.  We are going with a Mediterranean food theme.  I need to meet with the ladies at the church who normally provide the food for occasions like this.  I don't want to step on their toes but I do want to ensure that everything is perfect and just what the family would like.  I will need to meet with them in the next week or so.

Work has been a beast.  I like that word...I learned that term from someone.  It's fun.  I have had to work late a lot of days the whole month of January.  I am tired.  SO tired.  But when it comes to bedtime, I don't want to go to bed.  So I am finding myself up until 12 or 1 in the morning and let me tell you...5ish comes awful early!  I am going to take a Tylenol PM in just a few minutes and see if I can at least get to sleep by 11.  I can use the extra hour.

The food blog that I started is real fun.  However, visually, it's not what I want.  And I will be the first to say that I am NOT computer savvy.  I have watched how-to blogging videos on You Tube until I am ready to scream yet I still don't get it.  The other problem I have is my photography.  It's possible I don't have the right camera although I think that my camera can do a lot more than I think it can.  So I need to figure that out too.  I am getting some feedback on the site and have found that people are liking it.  I have even had a couple of people try the recipes and so far - they have been a hit.  It will take me a while but I will fine tune it and eventually hope that more of the public will read it once it looks a little better!  The website is http://www.foodwithjules.blogspot.com/ If you have any comments or suggestions to help me make it better, bring 'em on!  I can use both negative and positive feedback.
And you are now caught up on the exciting (or maybe not) adventures in my life.

Before I close, I just have to post a cute little picture of my 1 year old little buddy, Hudson.  His mom, Heather, posted this on my FB.  I love this baby - he is such a cutie!  If you recall a couple of weeks back I posted a couple of pics of Madison with the Chipmunks when we went to see ChipWrecked.  Hudson is Maddie's little brother.  We bought him these adorable jammies for his 1st birthday... by the way, Esther was Hudson's great-grandmother! ♥

Hudson - Age 1


No comments:

Post a Comment