Monday, January 16, 2012

Soda Pop Deprived

Being a county employee is far from my lifelong dream but I sure do like their holiday schedule.  I have more thoughts on my employment journey but I will leave that for another blog session.  Anyway, it was real nice to have an extra day off this weekend.  Can't say I did much but time away from the office is somewhat priceless to me.
I think I have hit 14 days without a soda.  It's been tough.  I like the carbonation.  But I don't like drinks such as Perrier or Sparkling Soda Water.  So I am just working through it.  But I think it's making me just a little bit cranky.  Ok, let's be real...a little bit bitchy.  I just wish that I liked water.  Why do so many people like water and I just don't?  I don't find it refreshing or filling or remotely enjoyable.  I realize there are little packets to pour in the water to make it taste better i.e. crystal light etc. but that is why I am not drinking soda.  Chemicals.  And the regular soda...too much sugar.  Why do I love soda so much?  It hurts!
I have a class on Monday nights.  Anxiety.  I am not super anxious but the tools that one uses to control anxiety are the same tools that you use to help with depression and distorted thoughts.  I really enjoyed the class and am looking forward to next week.  I don't sit well during much of anything.  20 minutes and I am squirming in my chair.  But I actually sat for 1.5 hours tonight and thoroughly enjoyed the whole thing.  My therapist teaches parts of the class so that was nice - made me feel comfortable.
Kindle v Nook?  I got the Nook!  I have had it a little over a week and so far love it.  I strictly wanted something for reading and that's what this is.  I didn't need internet or games or other apps.  I just like to read.  I have some great books on there already and have absolutely no complaints.  I'm sure I would have loved the kindle too but my Nook is awesome.
Food Blog will be updated tomorrow!  Buttermilk Blueberry Pancakes - not so healthy.  And Blueberry Muffins - quite healthy.
Have a good week! ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment