Thursday, October 20, 2011

The "Old" Days (for me)

Happy Friday.  I swear that every time Friday rolls around it is just in time.  I really don't know how people work 6 or 7 days a week.  Maybe it's my age?  And what's with that?  I never thought that one day I would be saying "maybe it's my age".  Argh.  Do kids know that the St Louis Rams used to live in Los Angeles?  Or that the Houston Oilers turned into the Jacksonville Jaguars?  And how about those Los Angeles Raiders?  Yep, I am old.  Pee Chee Folders.  And my Loggins and Messina 8 track tape.  I bought my first stereo at Gemco.  And if you couldn't find what you wanted at Gemco, you went to Fed Mart.  Or Fedco.  And I bought my cool clothes at Millers Outpost and Fashion Conspiracy.  And my shoes at Kennys.  And if that didn't work, my second choice was Tom McCann.  And candy bars were 5 cents.  And ice cream at Thriftys was 5 cents, 10 cents, or 15 cents. I was at Vons the other day and a candy bar was $1.39.  And a pack of gum is $1.59 or higher.  Wow.  Ok, enough of memory lane.
Roxie had tooth extraction surgery today.  Yeah, I had $467.00 burning a hole in my pocket so decided to take her to the vet.  Ouch that was a tough one.  Both on the wallet and my baby girl's mouth.  Her front teeth were removed.  The vet told me that the infection was super bad.  I do know that if I had not taken care of it could have killed her.  She is resting in a comfy chair.  Eyes glazed over and a bit of a cough from the anesthesia.
I have a new supervisor tomorrow.  Her name is Kathy.  I sure hope this will be ok.  You just never know.  I am hoping that since all of my co-workers in the office where she will work are so bizarre that she won't give me a second thought.
Have you ever thought of something or someone right before sleep and then dreamed about it?  I can actually do that!  Not all the time but sometimes it's spot on.  Off to bed to see if it works again.
TGIF ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment