Thursday, October 13, 2011

Almost Friday

I know I say this every week but it's been a long one.  Monday was different.  I went to our San Diego office for the day.  Not so bad because the day ended at 11:15.  I met my new supervisor.  Her name is Kathy.  She seems very nice.  Might be a good change!  After leaving the office I went to Vibra Hospital in San Diego (Hillcrest) to see Esther.  Jeanette was there spending the day with her mom so she and I kept company while Esther slept.  Esther has been asleep since the day after Labor Day.  I talked to her, rubbed her hand, and tried to get her to wake up.  I really felt that she knew I was there.  You know how you just get a feeling sometimes?  Anyway, she woke up for a minute today.  Jeanette said she opened her eyes and recognized Jeanette.  I hope this means that there will be an upward trend.

As you know from my last post that I now have curtain panels over the window in my office.  They came from Ikea and they are supposed to be user-friendly.  As in easy to hem.  They come with instructions and some sort of velcro thingy.  All you need is an iron.  I found out that you need one more thing...an animal who does not love to sleep on the too-long curtains!  Zoe loves them so much and I can't bear to fix them.  Ok, so they look a bit white trash.  But what can I do?!


I am back on the all-liquid diet.  I had a piece of grilled chicken and some steamed broccoli tonight.  That's liquid, right?  Oh man - this losing weight thing is horrific.  I still need to fit into the PD (perfect dress) by November 20.  Ok...moving right along...

I got a call this afternoon at my desk.  I was super busy and was not even planning to take a break but you know that great feeling when you hear from someone that you love to talk to and you weren't even expecting the call?  Totally made my day.  The break was needed and definitely welcomed.  So if that person happens to read this...thank you! ♥  I have taken on a new responsibility at work and it's kind of monopolizing my mind for the time being.  I love it because I needed something new to do.  I like challenges.

TGIF!♥

No comments:

Post a Comment