Thursday, June 21, 2012

Ahhh - carpet

It feels like Friday so therefore it should be Friday.  For those of you ending your work week today - I hate you.  Actually I love you but wish I could hate you!
I drove by the old place the other day.  The For Rent sign is up.  Rent went up $50 a month - they are asking $1400.  I thought it was funny they advertise brand new appliances.  Really, they aren't brand new.  Maybe a year old.  But I was so careful using them, they were able to pass them off as brand new because they look it.  The one thing that irritates me is that there is brand new carpet.  I wanted new carpet.  It was the crappiest, ugliest carpet and she said to give it another year and she would replace it.  We were there 2 years.  So we spent a crazy amount of money having the carpet cleaned for her just so we could get our deposit back and she turned around and removed it.  Now that I have moved, I had a dream come true.  I always wanted hardwood floors.  I have never met a person who didn't like them.  In case you have never met a person who didn't like hardwood floors...stop right there!  You know me!  My name is Julie and I hate hardwood floors.  Yep, I said it.  Didn't know I was such a carpet girl.  They look pretty but I hate taking care of them and I hate walking on them.  And I can't lay on the floor with Roxie because it's not all that comfortable.  And it's cold.  Oh well - I will learn to live with them!
My cousin, Josh, made it home safely from Afghanistan yesterday!  Happy for him - and Michelle.
Have a good Thursday everyone! ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment