Sunday, June 17, 2012

Ice Cream Prisoner

Summer has arrived.  It's darn hot around here.  I don't like it!
Had a super busy weekend.  Every since we moved my social life has expanded 10 fold or so it seems.  Friday night was pizza night.  Actually almost every Friday is pizza night here.  We make homemade pizzas and they are always so yummy.  Had some girlfriends over until about 11:00.  Very fun.  Saturday night was my friend Jan's birthday bash.  It was part of a block party in her neighborhood.  Very fun and delicious catered Mexican food - pollo and carne asada tacos, rice, beans, chips, salsa...aka here in California as a "Taco Cart".  Saw my friend Hilda who I had not seen in about 7 years when we were both in Vegas for a wedding.
Today...Father's Day...I acted like I was a Father.  I was lazy.  I did finally get moving about 2:00.  Went to Kohl's and Macy's.  Then at 4:20 (I know, that is a weird time) we met mom and dad at Phil's BBQ for dinner.  Delicious.  Went to Baskin Robbins where the computer/cash register went down.  I felt literally held as a prisoner in an ice cream store.  It wouldn't have been so bad if I had been offered free ice cream but the owners of this particular store are NOT customer friendly.  So we waited for what seemed like forever in order to pay.  My ice cream was gone before I ever left the store.  That's how long I was in the 31 Flavors Prison.
Back to work tomorrow.  No group meeting for the next 2 Mondays.  Kind of nice to have a break.  The Civic is going to the car wash after work.  It's beyond disgusting.  It looks like the ultimate dumping ground for many, many birds.
Haven't forgotten that I need to post pics.  I'm getting there! ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment