Tuesday, May 8, 2012

The California Poppy

Is it just in California that you can't pick the State flower or is that in every State?  I have always wondered about that.  I love California Poppies so when I move I am going to throw a lot of seeds out and hope that next year I have my own Poppy garden.  Now... is it illegal to pick them if I grow them myself?  These are the things I worry about...

I have 3 new fave shows on TV right now.  I am guessing that not one person who reads my Blog will have watched or even heard of these shows but here goes...

1.  Client List - this is on Lifetime.  Starring Jennifer Love Hewitt.  I am SO addicted to it.

2.  A Little Bit Country - this is on CMT.  Starring Jennie Garth.  You know, stuck up Kelly Taylor on 90210.  Her husband left her recently so she took her 3 girls and moved to Los Olivos CA to get away from the city.  It's hilarious.  She's a funny person - I get her sense of humor in every way!  Anyway, she has a pig, a goat, and cow, and lots of dogs.  And a quirky assistant who is funny in her own right.

3.  Melissa and Tye - this is also on CMT and comes on right after Jennie's show.  This stars Melissa who was once a contestant on the Bachelor and got dumped on national TV by her fiancee, Jason.  Melissa ended up marrying her high school sweetheart (awww) and they just moved to Hollywood from Dallas.  Funnier than heck.  Mostly her husband, Tye.  That guy has a fun sense of humor and he laughs at himself.  If you can laugh at yourself, you are awesome!  That's why I try to laugh at myself - so I can be awesome!

So that is my TV addiction rundown.

Moving in a little over 2 weeks.  I really need to pack.  Accepting volunteers!!!  I hate packing more than most anything on this earth.  I found a Padres baseball schedule for 1998.  Also a movie ticket stub from 2009.  I am not a hoarder - or so I thought.  But when you start finding that kind of paraphanalia...watch out, people!  You may find me starring in my own show on TLC.

I have had a real tough past month.  The kind of month that if I allowed it to happen, I could easily find myself in a heap of hopeless despair.  But I'm not letting that happen.  I am once again pulling out the inner strength and rising above the crap.  Some believe that depression is curable.  I'm not so sure that it is - at least not 100%.  All I know is that I'm not ashamed of it.  I face it head on and am willing to share with anyone who asks.  Yes, I go to a therapist and yes, I take medication.  I'm thankful for both of those things.  There are days I allow myself to give into the feelings but most days, I'm a fighter and if I have to fight this my whole life, that is what I will do!  And I keep remembering that when I think I have it bad, there is someone else out there who has it a whole lot worse. 

Good night! ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment