Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Got Kleenex?

Not a good day by any means.  But I am home with my pets and that always makes it better.  I was real frustrated with myself today.  I cried a good part of the day which can't be healthy.  I think it's good to get emotions out but it can quickly spill over to the point of mental instability.  I went to therapy for 10 years and I know better.  I really do.  But I take certain things very hard and being ultra-sensitive, I don't cope very well.  And it pisses me off.  This is hard for those non-crying people to understand but let me tell you, once you get going without putting the brakes on it is very hard to pull it all back in and be sensible.  Once the emotions start spiraling out of control it is scary.  You take what made you cry in the first place and just start piling on everything that is not right in your life.  Then you are swimming upstream in a very strong river.  My therapist, Cheri, would not be happy with me right now.  "Julie, did I not teach you anything?!"
Back to my bad day.  What started off my bad day was really not so bad after all.  It's just something that needed to be talked out.  That was taken care of pretty early on and all is well - in fact, probably better.  I over-react...I know that.  So all that bothered me from this morning is gone.  But I dredged up so much other crap that I wish someone would give me a swift hard kick!  When you start crying because your poodle got hit by a car when you were 5, you know you've hit bottom!
Anyway - I will be just fine.  I'm loved, I'm cared about, and in the end - that's what matters.
In search of a new car.  What a pain.  So far Nissan and Mazda are winning the vote.  VW and Scion still need to be checked out.  Toyota - out.  Kia - out.  Chevrolet - out.  Honda - out.  Hyundai...not sure.
In just 10 days I cruise with the parents.  Jeepers Creepers.  Oh I hope it goes well.  5 days can be a very, very long time.  Now THAT would be something worth crying about!
Time for jammies, a blanket, and my girls, Rox and Zoe! ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment