Thursday, November 11, 2010

Tote Bags and Plumbing

Every year at work we have a "Health Fair" which is basically a whole bunch of booths where you collect junk.  Papers, pens, and silly gadgets.  They usually have booths with ice cream, cookies, and candy.  Totally negates the whole "Health" concept but why not?  Anyway, every year I go to this thing and they give me a "reusable tote" which is earth-friendly.  We then go around and fill it with endless pieces of paper that are not earth-friendly.  So a few weeks ago I filled up my tote and brought it home with the full intention of going through it, cleaning it out, and using the tote.  So here it sits (in my home office) staring at me week after week.  Every few days I look at it and say "oh yeah I need to do that".  Well...the tote has been emptied.  No thanks to me...


That yellow piece of tape is "Sears" tape.  That did not come from the Health Fair.  I'm not sure where that came from because I don't normally shop at Sears.  However, that tape is one of Zoe's favorite collectibles so she carries it around with her everywhere.  And when you empty out a bag, here's what you do with it. You eat a pencil...



And then you make it into a really cool "fort" and you hide...



So today my garbage disposal broke (or so I thought).  Darn thing wouldn't move at all.  My first thought is "oh no, please don't make me call the landlord".  Then I decided to show the crack and be the plumber.  Well, really I decided to be the hot plumber in a thong but that's for another type of Blog!  Anyhow...got my tools - that would be my flashlight and my hand - and got to work.  Please refer back to picture #1 of my sweet, innocent kitten.  Darn girl was on one of her money hunts.  She found a penny and dropped it down the drain for me.  This came as a surprise since she has been dropping all found coins in Roxie's water bowl.  A couple of days ago she blessed me with 11 cents!  While we were on vacation she left Grandma (aka kitten-sitter) a dime one day and a nickel the next.  If you need financial advisement...you know where she lives!

To all who have served or are serving in our armed forces...thank you very much!  Happy Veteran's Day.  And don't forget to go get your free entree at Chili's or Applebee's (according to TV).  For the rest of you...I have heard that the Carnival Splendor docked at the Port of San Diego has some left-over Spam sandwiches for all to enjoy!

Peace Out♥

No comments:

Post a Comment