Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Dogs, Tents, and Mae

It was a good day.  I got my Roxie's blood test results late this evening and she is very healthy.  With the exception of the Pancreatitis.  Kidneys, liver, and everything else is perfect.  And no cancer.  I have been so worried about her but all is well.

Thanksgiving week sure did get here fast.  With the passing of Thanksgiving, there comes the grand entrance to Christmas.  My favorite holiday.  As long as I don't buy into the hype of it all, it is definitely the most wonderful time of the year.  Hype to me is rushing to Target at 4:00a.m. this Friday and flying down the aisles like that ridiculous woman on the TV commercials.  Where in the heck did Target find her?  She is a freak! Speaking of hype and freaks, I just read a news story that there is some family camping out in front of Best Buy in St. Petersburg, FL.  They are waiting for Black Friday.  This woman wants a Notebook, a TV, and a Blue Ray.  Maybe just a tad greedy?  THAT is what I don't want Christmas to be.

On the subject of Christmas...my sister was on her way to my house about 4 years ago with Christmas gifts.  She never made it.  Not sure if she got robbed, lost, or gave them away to the homeless.  I'm hoping for the latter.  I'm always trying to figure out if she is truly full of crap or if she means well but is an idiot!  Here is her latest endeavor...She plans to be THE grandma of the century.  She is beyond obsessed with the upcoming arrival of her first grandchild.  My sister always goes overboard no matter what she does.  This time is no exception.  She bought the little darling so many clothes and toys that she could not shove them all into her Honda Accord.  She has rented an apartment near her son and daughter-in-law ("so I will have easy access to take the baby").  She claims the baby's parents will never see the baby because she will have it.  She has talked her way into the delivery room.  She has made her son promise that she can hold the baby before he does.  I asked her if her daughter-in-law is registered at Babies R Us or Target and she said absolutely not.  "She doesn't need to register for gifts because she has me and I will take of EVERYTHING".  She even begged to name this child.  She was given the green light to give it a middle name.  Her choice is ..."Mae" - I said "as in Mae West"?  She corrected me and said that our grandma's name was Mae.  Alrighty then.  She's not MY grandmother! Kind of like when she refers to her mother as "my mother" and then corrects herself and says "our mother".  NO, she is not "our" mother.  She is YOUR mother.  So this baby...Kensey Mae...will be here in February.  I'm pretty sure it will make the news.  My sister will see to it.  Good grief!

Until next time...♥

No comments:

Post a Comment