Friday, October 22, 2010

Packing Obsession

TGIF.  I am not kidding.  Very busy week and next week will be worse.  Leaving on vacation in 9 days and I always seem to put tremendous pressure on myself to be "ready" for a trip.  I am obsessed with planning and packing.  I really envy those people who calmly pack the night before.  A friend went on a week vacation to Myrtle Beach a couple of weeks ago.  It's Friday afternoon, about 12 hours before departure, and I say "whatcha doing tonight"?  His answer..."Packing for my trip".  How is that possible?  I have 2 lists going, I have clothes stacked in groups, and I am already worrying about the animals missing me.  Good grief!  Now that I see it in black and white...I am a bit of a crazy traveler.  Ok, a lot crazy!
I had a bit of a bichon poo melt-down tonight.  I realized my girl is getting old.  I started to cry.  I love that dog more than anything in the whole world.  Luigi reminded me how much love I have given her and how I have made her life so much better than it was.  But the truth of the matter is that Roxie is the one who has made MY life better.  God blessed me with her and she's not done yet.  I need to back up and keep having a good time with her.  We have some years left together!
I had a mystery shopping job at Hooters tonight.  Fun!  I have to admit that Hooters Girls are some of the nicest servers ever.  If you've never been to Hooters it's not as bad as you may think.  It's not a bunch of dirty old men trying to cop a "hooter" feel.  There were about 4 tables of just guys.  The rest of the tables were either male/female couples or families.  The food is pretty darn good.  Hootin' tootin!  Oh, I meant rootin' tootin!
I'm liking the new side-job of Mystery Shopper.  I'm not making a whole lot of money (yet!) but I am having fun.  To get paid to eat or shop is pretty awesome.  So far I have eaten at BJs Brewhouse, Smashburger, Hooters.  I have driven a very cool Mercedes.  I tried out a really comfy mattress at Jeromes, and my next venture is to make a purchase at Bed Bath and Beyond. 
It's 9:45 and definitely time for bed on a Friday night.  Signing off with a picture of my Bichon Poo who seriously needs a haircut! ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment