Monday, October 18, 2010

Getting My Warrant Cleared...Who knew?

I should not have gotten out of bed today. What a pain in the ass kind of day.  It was a day of missing trains and buses.  Missed lunch (not a good idea to be replaced with Hostess Donettes and a Vitamin Water).  Also missed a couple of phone calls that I was looking forward to. 
My day started out standing with my friend Barbara at our bus stop with no bus.  A know-it-all woman who asked if we were going to the courthouse informed us that the bus would be arriving in 3 minutes.  No you idiot. We should be at work in 3 minutes.  So idiot lady looks at both of us and says "are you two going to the courthouse to clear your warrants?"  Seriously?  I looked at Barbara and said "do we look THAT bad today?"  Good grief!
On Friday I had a woman come up to me while waiting for my afternoon bus and after introducing herself, stating her homeless status, and claiming she had money, asked me this..."do you by chance have any drugs that I can buy from you?"  Dammit - why did I leave my bottle of Vicadin at home?  Kidding!  I told her the only thing I had on me was an anti-depressant pill at the bottom of my purse.  For some reason she was not interested in my offer.  She then said "I just thought you could help me out - you know - woman to woman".  Ok, this woman (meaning me) is ready to get on the bus and get the heck home!
And the day before that...(from a guy on the bus)..."hey, are you a Judge?"  If I were a Judge would I be on this damn bus?  I think not.
I so need a vacation.  Oh wait!  12 more days and my wish will come true...
But I am already missing my Roxie and my Zoe.  Such a pathetic animal mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment