Monday, October 25, 2010

Eye Can't See

A neighbor has Christmas lights up already.  What the heck is that about?  I absolutely love Christmas - it's my favorite holiday.  But I believe that all Christmas cheer belongs in the month of December.  Come to think of it, all birthday cheer belongs there too!  Ok, I'm a little biased.
Part of having a Blog is that it's a good place to vent.  So here goes.  Am I the only one in the world with a less than desirable Father in Law?  Damn he makes me so angry.  He is a self-centered asshole.  He's not happy unless he can be mad at someone.  He is so miserable. That's my only solace...that he probably IS miserable. The story is too long for this poor Blog but just know that if it isn't about him, it ain't worth being about anyone or anything.  Ok, I feel better now.
In my quest to be the unluckiest woman on earth...I am having blurry spots and flashes of black and white in my right eye.  I went to the eye doctor this afternoon.  He had to refer me to an opthamologist.  I got the "I'm sure you are fine BUT just in case..." scenario.  It appears (punny!) that there might be a problem with my retina.  So I have to see the big people to look at my little eye.  I pray it doesn't have a hole in it because that would mean surgery.  Wait and see (there I go being punny again)!
This morning at about 9:00 I was feeling overwhelmed and stressed at work.  And then I thought of this...Next Monday at this time I will be in my jammies outside on my balcony overlooking the ocean.  The cabin steward will bring me a tray of coffee, danishes, and fruit.  Ahhhh - work who?  And I love that I will leave my cabin and come back and my room will have been cleaned and the bed made.  And I can mess up my room all I want during the day and when I go back...it will have been cleaned again!  With a chocolate on my pillow and a towel animal waiting on the bed.  Vacation rocks!
Next year's agenda... Niagara Falls. 

No comments:

Post a Comment