Monday, April 16, 2012

Hate the IRS...Love my Girls!

12:30a.m. - I never seem to be in sync with my life.  If it's the weekend, I am dozing off at 10:00p.m.  I need to be at work...and here I am awake at 12:30.  I will hate all forms of life when the alarm goes off in a few hours.
Going through a rough patch in my life right now.  Thankful for those who love me and most of all thankful for a loving God who will carry my burdens if I ask.  Beginning of the week was tough with Roxie needing emergency surgery to remove an infected tumor in her neck.  Poor baby - makes me hurt for her so much.  If I could, I would have had that surgery for her.  She struggled through the first 3 days but she is getting back to her old self.  Has some ugly bruising and stitches but all that will soon be gone.  She has been real good about the whole thing.  She is right here with me of course.  She's had a pain pill so is sleeping soundly.  It was weird for a couple of days because wherever I go, she follows.  Even to the bathroom.  She waits outside the door.  So when she was really sick she didn't follow me around.  She was so out of it that she didn't even know the difference.  As soon as she had her strength back though - she's my little shadow!  We were just meant to be together.  God gave her to me and I thank Him every day.
Not much in a cooking mood this weekend although I did make a chicken tortilla soup on Friday night and then today I made some cinnamon raisin scones and beef chorizo egg burritos.  I had bigger dreams but this weekend was not an enjoyable kitchen time for me.  And dishes...what is with the dishes?  The fact that I have dishwasher full every single day in addition to a whole bunch of dishes that I handwash.  My dishes breed. And breed and breed...
Taxes...I'm depressed.  You work hard for money, you don't get paid much, all money goes to bills, and then on top of it you find out the IRS wants even more.  They aren't getting a penny sooner than I have to.  My taxes are going into the mail on Tuesday afternoon.  I'm guessing they will cash those checks by Thursday though.  Cruel and unjust!
My Zoe is sitting here on my printer staring me down.  Must want some Fancy Feast Gravy Lovers.  Expensive little feline.  But it's ok.  She's so darn cute that I would buy her the Fancy Feast factory if I could!  So what if she has ruined all my furniture, eaten the window blinds, and ripped up the carpet.  I just shake my head and smile. ☺ Good kitty! ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment