Wednesday, April 25, 2012

The Flower is Missing a Petal!

9:10am

Blogger has a completely new format.  I am not real computer savvy so I'm a bit confused!  I finally have figured out how to do a new post so here I am.

I have the morning off of work.  So nice to sleep in a little bit.  I am taking Rox to the vet to get her stitches removed this morning.  I am hoping that the doctor will say that she can now have a bath.  She needs a bath.  Really.  She had a birthday on Monday - I think she really enjoyed herself.  Petco in San Marcos now has a bakery case so I picked her out a flower shaped cookie with pink frosting.  She loved it.  I didn't let her eat the whole thing so decided to save some of it for later.  I set it on the kitchen counter.  So yesterday I got a call from Luigi asking if I know what happened to Roxie's birthday cookie.  He said that it had gotten smaller and that there were little teeth marks in the frosting all the way around it...that Zoe!  She is such a bad kitty!


Roxie's Birthday Gifts (and the pink frosted flower)!

5:45pm

Roxie's stitches are out.  It was fast and she was such a good dog.  And yes, she can have a bath.  Phew.

I was on my way to meet my friend Sujata at Happy Hour last night and I saw the most horrible accident.  It wasn't blood horrible or anything like that.  No one died.  It was just a rear-end type thing.  This guy in a truck must have been going 40mph or so coming up on an intersection that is clearly red.  We had all been sitting there a while.  He tried to swerve to miss hitting the little car stopped at the light.  There was just so much screeching and the impact was so hard that you could see debris flying in the air.  There was only 1 lane between him and me and I was so thankful that he didn't lose control and roll over toward me.  So the car that was hit kept moving through the intersection kind of in slow motion.  I think the person must have been unconscious or something like that because the car just kept going and going and going.  When I finally got to turn left at my light, the car that got hit was no where to be seen.  It was definitely totaled so I know it wasn't driven away.  I have a feeling they have rolled into Vegas by now, headed to Reno.  I don't know why I just shared that story except that it reminds me that you just never know when something might happen to you.  It's a scary thought.  I said a quick thank you prayer that I was safe and prayed the person rolling on into Vegas was safe too!

I just texted a friend of mine a few minutes ago because I haven't heard from her in over a week.  I know her dad has been in the hospital so I asked her if he is still there etc.  Then I went on FB and staring right in front of me was a picture of her dad and she had written "I lost my hero today".  Oh how sad.  I guess I have real bad timing.  But I didn't know.  I hope she will contact me sometime soon.

I am moving in 1 month.  Help me!!!!  I have been packing for 2 months now and have packed maybe 4 boxes?  Time to get serious.  Party at my house this Summer - will be fun! ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment